Maybe it is a subject of debate in newsrooms around the world, as it has been within IPS: were the latest events in Egypt a coup d’état or a dramatic but legitimate move to regain the elusive democracy?
Via IPS Tierramerica
By Diana Cariboni
Reactions were prompted worldwide, from Time magazine to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, when this small South American country said it would legalise, control and tax the marijuana market.
- OPINION: Innovation Needed to Help Family Farms Thrive
- Pacific Climate Change Warriors Block World’s Largest Coal Port
- OPINION: Iraq’s Minorities Battling for Survival
- Israel Planning Mass Expulsion of Bedouins from West Bank
- History of Key Document in IAEA Probe Suggests Israeli Forgery
- Family Farmers – Forward to the Future
- OPINION: The Survivors
- Mexico’s Cocktail of Political and Narco-Violence and Poverty
- Women’s Leadership Central to Poverty Eradication
- Writing the Final Chapter on AIDS