Maybe it is a subject of debate in newsrooms around the world, as it has been within IPS: were the latest events in Egypt a coup d’état or a dramatic but legitimate move to regain the elusive democracy?
Via IPS Tierramerica
By Diana Cariboni
Reactions were prompted worldwide, from Time magazine to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, when this small South American country said it would legalise, control and tax the marijuana market.
- Women’s Alliance Plans to Counter Violent Extremism
- United Arab Emirates and Cuba Forge Closer Ties
- Opinion: American Exceptionalism on Child Rights
- Social Media Giant Unveils Internet Plan for Rural Africa
- G77 Ministers Call for UN Agency for South-South Cooperation
- The Global South Will Make Its Contribution to Fighting Climate Change
- Q&A: ‘We Need to do Development Differently in the Post-2015 Era’
- 10 Million at Risk of Hunger Due to Climate Change and El Niño, Oxfam Warns
- Brazil’s Expanded Climate Targets Frustrate Environmentalists
- The Spectre of Jobless Growth in India