Maybe it is a subject of debate in newsrooms around the world, as it has been within IPS: were the latest events in Egypt a coup d’état or a dramatic but legitimate move to regain the elusive democracy?
Via IPS Tierramerica
By Diana Cariboni
Reactions were prompted worldwide, from Time magazine to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, when this small South American country said it would legalise, control and tax the marijuana market.
- Over 38,000 Migrants Assisted with Voluntary Return by UN Migration Agency in First Half of 2017
- Civilians Increasingly Bearing Burden of Armed Conflicts in Arab Region
- From the Penthouse to the Dog House
- Value Nature
- UAE bears treatment expenses of 90 injured Yemenis in Indian hospitals
- Courting disaster
- Ratcheting up tension in Korean Peninsula
- Women Slowly Break Barriers in Bangladesh
- Soy Changes Map of Brazil, Set to Become World’s Leading Producer
- Resettling Congolese Refugees in Angola, a New Shot at a Normal Life