Maybe it is a subject of debate in newsrooms around the world, as it has been within IPS: were the latest events in Egypt a coup d’état or a dramatic but legitimate move to regain the elusive democracy?
Via IPS Tierramerica
By Diana Cariboni
Reactions were prompted worldwide, from Time magazine to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, when this small South American country said it would legalise, control and tax the marijuana market.
- Decline Before Fall of Berlin Wall
- St. Vincent Takes to Heart Hard Lessons on Climate Change
- Bangladeshi ‘Char Dwellers’ in Search of Higher Ground
- OPINION: Keeping All Girls in School is One Way to Curb Child Marriage in Tanzania
- Panama Regulators Could Slow U.S. Approval of GM Salmon
- Democracy is “Radical” in Northern Syria
- Guatemalan Officers Face Sexual Slavery Charges in Historic Trial
- The Invisible Reality of Spain’s Homeless
- Resolving Key Nuclear Issue Turns on Iran-Russia Deal
- OPINION: The West Prefers Military Order Against History