Last month, in the Ugandan capital of Kampala, some very beautiful people got together to change how the country views HIV.
Y+ Beauty Pageant, a first for young men and women living with HIV in Uganda, took place at the elegant Golf Course Hotel. It was organized by my group, the Uganda Network of Young [...]
One day Rukiya came home from school crying, sobbing that she didn’t want to go there again.
“What happened?” asked her mom.
“Abana bagaba kusomelo nti nina silimu ate ntinda bika bubbi nyo era ngenda kuffa esawa yona era negamba nze silina kuba kusomero nina kubawaka effe bulungi,” said Rukiya.
“The children say I have [...]
I don’t want to dwell on my past because I am firmly looking into the future, but let me tell you a little about my life.
I was 17 years old and living in Wakiso district, 20 kms north of Kampala. My boyfriend was 24 and he was everything to me, but I was so [...]
- 10 Days to Defeat 2547 Miles of Pain
- Forests & Climate: We Need to do Much, Much More
- Turning Carriers of Water into Managers of Water
- Guess Who’s Behind Paralysis on COVID19 in the UN Committee on World Food Security
- For the South, all Roads in Global Economic Governance Lead to Inequality & Vulnerability
- Inflation Bogey Blocking Recovery
- Will Countries Reach an Agreement at COP26?
- We Will Never Give Up the Slavery Reparations Fight, say Caribbean Rastafarians
- What Fate for Three Billion of Humans Who Are Born Equals?
- Hamburgers and Climate Change