From the IPS United Nations Newsbriefs
Failure to account and justify lethal drone activity by the United States represents a major violation of international law and international human rights law, a former U.N. rapporteur said Wednesday.
Since the beginning of drone attacks in 2001, the U.S. has conducted around 450 lethal drone strikes that have [...]
From the IPS United Nations Niewsbriefs
Despite escalating tensions and anti-government demonstrations, the Venezuelan government has not addressed any human rights issues regardless of the rising death toll and captive political prisoners, a panel of experts stressed Monday.
- Celebrating 25 years and growing the future together
- Let’s Train Humans First … Before We Train Machines
- The Art of the Deal: What Trump May Teach Us
- ‘What it Takes to Feed 7.5 Billion People’
- There’s No Continent, No Country Not Impacted by Land Degradation
- Air Pollution Ranked as Biggest Environmental Threat to Human Health
- South Africa’s First Carbon Farm
- The Implacable Desertification of Planet Earth
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought – “Let’s Grow the Future Together”
- At the intersection of conflict, climate change and energy access