From the IPS United Nations Newsbriefs
Failure to account and justify lethal drone activity by the United States represents a major violation of international law and international human rights law, a former U.N. rapporteur said Wednesday.
Since the beginning of drone attacks in 2001, the U.S. has conducted around 450 lethal drone strikes that have [...]
From the IPS United Nations Niewsbriefs
Despite escalating tensions and anti-government demonstrations, the Venezuelan government has not addressed any human rights issues regardless of the rising death toll and captive political prisoners, a panel of experts stressed Monday.
- Heifer Nepal Farmers Persevere During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Education Cannot Wait Interviews Karina Gould, Canada’s Minister of International Development
- Women and Girls with Disabilities: Planning for Periods During a Pandemic
- Somerset Maugham, His Short Stories, and Singapore: Mutual Influences
- Q&A: How Kazakhstan’s Transgender and Lesbian Women are Being Impacted by COVID-19
- Lebanese Financial Crisis Validates Importance of Abolishing ‘Kafala’
- World Population Day 2020 – ‘The Time is Now to Accelerate the Promise for Women and Girls’
- COVID-19 & Why We Care
- The Return
- Covid-19 And Migrant Workers: Planning the return and reintegration of forced returnees