From the IPS United Nations Newsbriefs
Failure to account and justify lethal drone activity by the United States represents a major violation of international law and international human rights law, a former U.N. rapporteur said Wednesday.
Since the beginning of drone attacks in 2001, the U.S. has conducted around 450 lethal drone strikes that have [...]
From the IPS United Nations Niewsbriefs
Despite escalating tensions and anti-government demonstrations, the Venezuelan government has not addressed any human rights issues regardless of the rising death toll and captive political prisoners, a panel of experts stressed Monday.
- UN Chief Calls for Action, Not “Beautiful Speeches”
- African Development Bank Plans for a Self-sufficient, Integrated and Industrialised Continent
- World’s Whale Population Struggles to Recover from Carnage Amid Serious Concerns
- Time to Put Data at the Heart of UN’s 2030 Agenda
- Asian & Arab Parliamentarians to Move Forward on Reproductive Health & Gender Empowerment
- G5 Sahel Summit: African Development Bank, partners, commit to light up and power the Sahel with the Desert to Power initiative
- Three Questions to Wale Shonibare, Acting VP, Power, Energy, Climate & Green Growth
- UNAIDS and WHO Africa Leaders Should Prioritize Women’s Health
- Leaders Must Start Taking Science Seriously – U.N.
- Translating Ambition to Action: High Hopes for United Nations Action Week