It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- Survivors of Sexual Violence Face Increased Risks
- Central American Civil Society Calls for Protection of Local Agriculture at COP20
- Civil Society Freedoms Merit Role in Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Nuclear Weapons as Bargaining Chips in Global Politics
- Jewellery Industry Takes Steps to Eliminate “Conflict Gold”
- Pro-Israel Hawks Take Wing over Extension of Iran Nuclear Talks
- Water and Sanitation Report Card: Slow Progress, Inadequate Funding
- Gated Communities on the Water Aggravate Flooding in Argentina
- OPINION: How Ebola Could End the Cuban Embargo
- Lessons from Jamaica’s Billion-Dollar Drought