It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- ‘Cyclone College’ Raises Hopes, Dreams of India’s Vulnerable Fisherfolk
- What the U.S. Should Learn from Russia’s Collapse
- GDP and the Unaccounted for 82 Percent of National Wealth
- The Soil, Silent Ally Against Hunger in Latin America
- Uzbekistan Gears Up to Vote for Rubberstamp Parliament
- Changes to World Bank Safeguards Risk “Race to the Bottom”, U.N. Experts Warn
- The Day Anti-Castro Forces Tried to Bomb the U.N.
- U.S. Flag Can Be Seen Again in Cuba
- REDD and the Green Economy Continue to Undermine Rights
- Europe Dream Swept Away in Tripoli