It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks
- OPINION: Tackling the Proliferation of Patents to Avoid Limitations to Competition
- Blistering Drought Leaves the Poorest High and Dry
- ‘Youth Exodus’ Reveals Lack of Opportunities
- Militarising the Ebola Crisis
- Arms Trade Treaty Gains Momentum with 50th Ratification
- Iraq Looking for an ‘Independent’ Sunni Defense Minister
- Zero Nuclear Weapons: A Never-Ending Journey Ahead
- Championing Ocean Conservation Or Paying Lip Service to the Seas?
- Cuba’s Sugar Industry to Use Bagasse for Bioenergy