It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- U.S., Russia, China Hamper ICC’s Reach
- Disasters Poised to Sweep Away Development Gains
- Gaza Under Fire – a Humanitarian Disaster
- Stunting: The Cruel Curse of Malnutrition in Nepal
- Food Insecurity a New Threat for Lebanon’s Syrian Refugees
- From Havana to Bali, Third World Gets the Trade Crumbs
- Creating a Slum Within a Slum
- U.S. Debating “Historic” Support for Off-Grid Electricity in Africa
- Spain: A Precarious Gateway to Europe for Syrian Refugees
- Indigenous Communities Say Education, Funding Key to Fighting HIV/AIDS