via Lobe Log
Justice is a fiction in much of the Persian Gulf. Nowhere is this truer than in Bahrain, a place where torture and state terror have become the norm. The country’s political elites talk frequently about freedom and the need for legal and political order. The reality, however, is that Bahrain’s judicial [...]
- New Generation Rallies to Climate Cause in Trinidad
- World Bank Must Stop Encouraging Harmful Tax Competition
- IPS Journalists Who Perished in the Line of Duty
- Double standards: Do all journalist lives matter?
- Worrying about Fake News Has Become All the Rage
- No Trace of the Nicaraguan Interoceanic Canal
- How to Undermine Democracy – Curtail Civil Society Rights
- No One is Left Behind
- Long Way to Go for Indigenous Rights Protection
- Indigenous Peoples – Best Allies or Worst Enemies?