To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Working Together Is Key to Meeting Water Targets by 2030
- Writers Talk Literary Activism at Paris Book Fair
- A New Low for Security Council as Russia Takes Syrian Human Rights Off the Table
- Water and Migration: Implications for Policy Makers
- GGGI supports Rwanda in solving pressure to the provision of water
- German delegation visits Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park
- World Water Day highlights need for new thinking to ensure water security for all
- Ending TB Epidemic Among Youth: Key to Achieving SDGs
- A Whole New Decade for Water
- Asian & African Migrants Continue To Face Exploitation in Mideast