To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Caribbean Farming Gets Its Roots Wet
- Zimbabwe’s Ruling Party Militias Spread Fear of Voting
- In India, Rapists Don’t Spare Children
- Q&A: Reworking Finance to Serve People and the Environment
- Migrant Workers Face Tough Times in Thailand
- Small and Large Steps towards Equality for Gays in Cuba
- Myanmar’s President Makes Historic, Divisive Visit to White House
- Brazil Lagging in Fight against Human Trafficking
- When It Comes to Syria, Israel Frequently Redrawing Red Lines
- Living in Hell, Iraqi Christians Dream of Paradise