To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Red Tape Snarls Nepal’s Ambitious Poverty-Alleviation Plans
- Celebrated Iraqi Musician Naseer Shamma Named UNESCO Artist for Peace
- Palestinian Rejection Underscores Limits of UN Chief’s Powers
- Confusion over U.S. Travel Ban Grounds Foreign Correspondents
- Aging, Depression and Disease in South Africa
- Of Arabs and Muslims and the Big Ban
- Making the Deep Blue Sea Green Again
- Alternative Mining Indaba Makes Its Voice Heard
- Expansion of Renewable Energies in Mexico Has Victims, Too
- The Planned US Border Tax Would Most Likely Violate WTO Rules – Part 2