To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Governments and Social Movements Disagree on Future of Cities
- Student Struggle in South Africa Gains Momentum
- UN Extends Condolences on Passing of H.M. King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand
- Innovate to Save Lives
- Social Unravelling
- Funding Inclusive Education for Children with Disabilities in Developing Countries
- Freedom of the Press Faces Judicial Harassment in Brazil
- Privatization the Problem, Rarely the Solution
- The New Urban Agenda: What Our Cities Can Be
- Freedom for National Good