To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Let There Be Work: Italian Ministry of the Interior Announces Initiative on Employment of Refugees
- Post-Brexit blues
- Preventable Child Deaths Not Always Linked to Poorest Countries: UNICEF
- Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Sweden Among New Members of UN Security Council
- The Case for Cash in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Biogas Brings Heat and Light to Pakistan’s Rural Poor
- Why I Started SMART ALEC – Lobbying for the Public Good
- Drought Prompts Debate on Cuba’s Irrigation Problems
- Civil Society Under Serious Attack
- Journalists Face Unprecedented Violence