To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Climate Negotiators “Sleepwalking” in Bonn
- The Nagoya Protocol: A Treaty Waiting to Happen
- OPINION: The Politics of Biodiversity Loss
- Despite Media, Rightwing Ebola Hype, U.S. Public Resists Total Panic
- OPINION: Europe is Positioning Itself Outside the International Race
- U.S. Revisiting “Broken” Workplace Chemicals Regulation Process
- Ebola Outbreak Threatens Food Crisis in West Africa
- Panama’s Indigenous People Want to Harness the Riches of Their Forests
- We Must Think of “Security” in New Ways
- U.N. Chief Condemns Expulsion of Human Rights Director from DRC