To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Money Talks at One Planet Summit in Paris
- Shedding Diplomacy, Roberto Savio Speaks about Fear as a Tool to Gain Power
- South Sudan: a Nation Tormented by a Crisis
- In Defense of Uganda’s Imprisoned Journalists
- Arming Poor Countries Enriches Rich Countries
- Bangladesh Aims at Middle-Income Status by 2021
- A Voice of Inspiration
- Libya: Up to One Million Enslaved Migrants, Victims of ‘Europe’s Complicity’
- VIDEO: The Rohingyas ‘Long March to Freedom’
- UN and Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies to cooperate on religious education