To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- World Poverty Could Be Cut in Half If All Adults Completed Secondary Education
- UN Response Teams Underfunded as Costs Hit Staggering $23.5 Billion
- “Big Reflection” Needed on Opioid Crisis
- No Wall for Ethiopia, Rather an Open Door—Even for Its Enemy
- East Asia’s Real Lessons
- Refugee Protection an Obligation Under International Law
- Sexual Violence Fuels Vicious Recruitment Cycle in Congolese Militia
- Half of World’s Civilian War Deaths Occurred in Syria, Iraq and Yemen
- Children Now More Than Half of the 65 Million Displaced
- The World Society Needs to Express Greater Solidarity for Refugees Worldwide