To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
Everyone is cold inside the giant Qatar National Convention Centre where the U.N. climate summit is in its fourth day. The fossil-fuel powered air conditioning is making people cold while they work to keep me, Global Warming, from roasting the planet.
Outside, it’s actually winter and [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
- Energy Cooperatives, Fogged Mirrors for Latin America
- IOM, Partners to Assist Business Leaders in Combatting Human Trafficking
- Unlocking Private Finance for Developing Countries’ Green Growth
- Ministry of Climate Change and Environment hosts upcycled food Iftar
- When Two Becomes One: Blending Public and Private Climate Finance
- A Natural Climate Change Adaptation Laboratory in Brazil
- Lesotho Constitutional Court declares criminal defamation unconstitutional
- $1.7 Trillion Global Spending on Military in 2017: Highest since End of Cold War
- “See a child begging? Call the police!” UN Migration Agency Calls on Ukrainians to Fight Child Exploitation
- Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week to explore role of industry convergence in accelerating sustainable development