This graphic by Reuters visually explains the importance of the Strait of Hormuz. Whether or not Iran would actually block this vital oil supply route in response to an oil embargo and crippling sanctions against its Central Bank is debatable, but even talking about it is enough to cause oil prices to rise.
- Latin America Has Weak Defences Against the Pandemic
- Coronavirus: Country Comparisons are Pointless Unless We Account for These Biases in Testing
- Martin Khor, Third Worldist
- U.N. Releases Report on Socio-economic Effects of Coronavirus
- The Fierce Urgency of Now – ECW Allocates $15M in Emergency Funds
- In memoriam ‒ Martin Khor
- These Migrant Workers Did Not Suddenly Fall From the Sky
- What More than COVID-19 to Jolt G20 into Collective Action?
- COVID-19 requires gender-equal responses to save economies
- Can We Use Digital Technology to Cushion the Pandemic’s Blow?