via Lobe Log
Writes Barbara Slavin in her report for Al-Monitor from Tehran:
Beyond showcasing its victims and its right to nuclear energy, Iran hopes that the summit will prove that it has more friends than enemies at a time of multiplying sanctions and frequent Israeli threats to attack its nuclear installations. Or, as the Tehran Times put it Monday, “the fact that Iran is hosting such a prestigious meeting has proven that the efforts of Western countries, and especially the United States, to isolate Iran are futile.”
- The Ocean Conference: An Integrated Vision that must be Delivered
- Gateway Portals and the Quest for Sustainable Urbanization
- Mideast: Growing Urbanisation Worsens Water Scarcity, Food Imports
- Survivors of the El Mozote Massacre Have New Hopes for Justice in El Salvador
- Menstrual Health and Vitality: Breaking the Silence, Stemming the Flood
- What does it Take to Solve a Statelessness Crisis?
- International Finance Governance Undemocratic
- Community Seed Banks: Securing Diversity for Climate Change Adaptation
- “Horrific” Increase in Worldwide Displacement
- Truth or Delusion?