via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Rohingya: A Trail of Misfortune
- Africa’s “Must-Do, Can-Do” Decade
- Islamic Organization Promotes Cultural Rapprochement Between US & Muslim World
- ITUC: The Global Economic Model has Failed
- What I Saw in Ukhia
- Panel debate at UN: Arab region and the West need to define a common agenda to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment
- World Hunger on the Rise Again
- Communities Can be Role Models for Sustainable Development
- Caribbean Picks Up the Pieces After Monster Storm
- Why Aung San Suu Kyi Chooses Silence