via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Beyond Piketty: on income inequality
- At Climate Summit, Two Global Energy Alliances Emerge
- The World is Losing the Battle Against Child Labour
- Financing Will Continue to be Key Issue in Battling Climate Change
- The Birth of a Dictator
- Rejoicing in the Other and Celebrating Diversity Are Needed More than Ever to Address the Root-Causes of Intolerance
- Decent Toilets for Women & Girls Vital for Gender Equality
- Climate Change: The World’s Poorest Will Judge us by Action
- Good to Know (Perhaps) That Food Is Being ‘Nuclearised’
- Coal Pollution Continues to Spread in Latin America