via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Tobago Gears Up to Fight Sargassum Invasion
- The G20 Needs To Go Back to its Roots
- The Unnoticed Demise of Democracy
- Kenya and Ethiopia Join Forces to Advance Peace, Security, Development and Hope
- Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast Pools Efforts Against Climate Change
- Prepare Now for the Next Financial Crisis
- Parliamentarians Study Nexus of Youth, Refugees and Development
- No Justice, No Peace for Yemeni Children
- Pope Francis Donates to FAO for Drought, Conflict-Stricken East Africa
- UAE Leading the Way on Shifting to Greener Energy