via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Beyond Rhetoric: UN Member States Start Work on Global Goals
- We Must Talk: Not Just Ph and China but Us and China, Too
- Why we Failed
- The Americans Should Have Their Own Chilcot
- There is No Honour in Killing
- Devastating Droughts Continue as El Nino Subsides
- San Juan City: The Smart City of the Future
- Convicting Children
- Is Kemalism on Its Way out in Turkey?
- Economic Recovery Needed To Enhance Food Security