via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Migrants Without Shoes
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 4,485 in 2018; Deaths Reach 201
- Wealth Concentration Continues to Increase
- China’s Mass Market Adopts Mobile Payments
- Can Drought Be Prevented? Slovakia Aims to Try
- Argentina Continues to Seek Truth and Justice, Despite the Hurdles
- Left Behind: Families of Migrants Wait in Limbo
- Reinstating the Death Penalty a Violation of International Law
- Greening Economic Growth
- Address the Prime Concerns