via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Menstrual Hygiene Gaps Continue to Keep Girls from School
- New International Accord to Tackle Illegal Fishing
- Malawi’s Drought Leaves Millions High and Dry
- Traditional Mexican Recipes Fight the Good Fight
- UNFPA Funding Cuts Threaten Women’s Health in Poorer Nations
- Mapping Kashmir
- A Disaster-in-Waiting
- Poorest Countries Have Progressed but Fragile Countries Lag Behind
- Conjuring Growth from the Trans-Pacific Partnership TPP
- The Humanitarian Clock Is Ticking, The Powerful Feign Deafness