via Lobe Log
Despite the misleading headline, which says Iran has a “nuclear weapons program” even though no reputable assessment exists to support that claim, Haaretz is reporting hat Israeli defense and intelligence officials have high confidence in an International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) finding that Iran’s enriched uranium is going into medical research:
Senior Israeli defense officials told Haaretz that “Iran has moved the wall back by eight months at least,” and Israel’s latest position is a consequence of this action.
Until recently, senior Israeli officials had said 2012 was the year of decision on Iran’s nuclear program, expressing concerns that Iran would soon be entering a “zone of immunity” in which it would be impervious to an Israeli attack. Their remarks suggested that Israel would have to attack independently before the end of this year, even without coordination with the United States.
- Merkel Under Pressure for Refugee Policy in Germany
- Five Key G20 Powers Break Promise to Help Tackle Corruption
- Netherlands to Host Global Centre of Excellence on Climate Adaptation
- UN Declares War on Ocean Plastic
- Unleashing the Power of the Private Sector
- Choosing to Breathe Clean Air
- Humankind’s Ability to Feed Itself, Now in Jeopardy
- The Rise of One-Person Households
- Shrinking and Darkening, the Plight of Kashmir’s Dying Lakes
- Trump Marks the End of a Cycle