via Lobe Log
Editor’s note: Mr. Naas is a retired Foreign Service Officer who served 4 years in Afghanistan during better times.
President Obama has announced that the United States will withdraw its troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014. Massive amounts of equipment are already en route back to bases in this country. [...]
- Migration: Making the Move from Rural to Urban by Choice
- The Road Out of Poverty Depends on Feeding Our Children Nutritious Food First
- In the Race Against Hunger, we Must Reach the Goal
- International Day of Rural Women
- Geneva Centre’s Executive Director: Emir Abd El Qader El Jazairy’s Spiritual Legacy and Vision, an Ariadne’s Thread to Solving Contemporary Misunderstandings
- Dams Hurt Indigenous and Fishing Communities in Brazilian Amazon
- After 13 Years, UN Peacekeeping Mission Closes Doors in Haiti
- Despite Odds, Women Gain Stature in African Politics
- Can the Kenyan Lion Kick High Enough to Be the South Korean Tiger of Africa?
- Hunger in Africa, Land of Plenty