via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- African Countries Feeling Exposed to Extreme Weather Changes
- Seaweed Cultivation Ushers Waves of Change in the Sundarbans
- “París Is Not the End of a Climate Change Process but a Beginning”
- Zimbabwe’s Long Road in Ending Poverty and Hunger
- Opinion: Ending Child Marriage – What Difference Can a Summit Make?
- New York Vows to Stop Terrorist Attacks on City
- Opinion: Better Nutrition for Better Lives
- Uganda, Tanzania Need Gender Sensitive Climate Change Policies
- Drought Threatens Water-Truck Lifeline in Parched Northeast Brazil
- Women Suffer Psychological Problems After Living Under Taliban