via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?
- U.S.-Made Cluster Munitions Causing Civilian Deaths in Yemen
- Opinion: A Farewell to Arms that Fuel Atrocities is Within Our Grasp
- OPEC Fund Supports UNIDO in Latin America
- Emerging Industrial Power Rises From Aid Beneficiary to Donor Nation
- Water, Climate, Energy Intertwined with Fight Against Poverty in Central America
- Call for Global Ban on Nuclear Weapons Testing
- Opinion: How Will Wall Street Greet the Pope?
- Winning Women a Greater Say in Somaliland’s Policy-Making