via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Better Water Management Needed to Eradicate Poverty
- OPINION: From Almaty to Vienna, New Prospects For LLDCs
- There’s CO2 Under Those Hills
- Crisis Fuelled Resurgence of Horse-Drawn Carriages in Cuba
- OPINION: Rousseff Re-elected President – What Lies Ahead for Brazil?
- Fossil Fuels Won’t Benefit Africa in Absence of Sound Environmental Policies
- OPINION: Towards an Inclusive and Sustainable Future for Industrial Development
- They Say the Land is ‘Uninhabited’ but Indigenous Communities Disagree
- Decline Before Fall of Berlin Wall
- St. Vincent Takes to Heart Hard Lessons on Climate Change