via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Iran Deal Look Safe from Lawmakers’ Attack for Now
- Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan: Cold Leaders, Warm Ties
- Number 1
- Where Is the Global Economy Heading?
- Food Security, Trade Facilitation Clash in Bali
- The Asia-Africa Link Is IT
- Accra’s High Rents Means Ghanaians Lose
- Off-Radar Gold Mine Sustains Kyrgyz Mountain Village
- Public, Elite See U.S. Power in Decline
- WTO Urged Not to Treat Water Like Widgets