via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Funding For Desperate Palestinian Refugees Under Threat
- Financial Transaction Tax Could Boost New Development Goals
- Syrian Refugees Face Hunger Amidst Humanitarian Funding Crisis
- Opinion: If You’re Against Coal Mining, Walk In and Stop It
- Panama and Nicaragua – Two Canals, One Shared Dream
- Union Islanders Wonder if Their Home Will Be the Next Atlantis
- Poor Bear the Brunt of Corruption in India’s Food Distribution System
- U.N. Remains Divided Over Domestic and State Terrorism
- A New Climate for Peace
- Opinion: BRICS for Building a New World Order?