via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Gated Communities on the Water Aggravate Flooding in Argentina
- OPINION: How Ebola Could End the Cuban Embargo
- Lessons from Jamaica’s Billion-Dollar Drought
- Pakistan’s Paraplegics Learning to Stand on their Own Feet
- OPINION: A Plea for Banning Nuke Tests and Nuclear Weapons
- The Double Burden of Malnutrition
- Down With Sustainable Development! Long Live Convivial Degrowth!
- Azerbaijan’s Rights Activists on the Brink
- OPINION: Humanitarian Impact of Nukes Calls For Concerted Action
- Refugees Between a Legal Rock and a Hard Place in Lebanon