via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Fiscal austerity has been blocking economic recovery
- Gambia May Not Join African Withdrawals from ICC
- Resilient People & Institutions: Ecuador’s Post-Earthquake Challenge
- India Steps Up Citizen Activism to Protect Women
- G77 Encourages Paris Club to Consider Addis Ababa Action Agenda for Debt Management
- The End of a Cycle ?
- Climate-Resistant Beans Could Save Millions
- Europe to Decide on Use of Mercury in Dentistry
- Nicaraguan Women Push for Access to Land, Not Just on Paper
- Soil: Keeping Nutrients in Food and Carbon in the Ground