via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Somali Refugees Find an Unlikely Home … In Istanbul
- Trade Facilitation Will Support African Industrialisation
- People Before Borders
- Food – Thou Shall Not Waste
- In Turbulent Iraq, Children Bear the Brunt of War
- Human Development – Latin America Less Than Halfway There
- Antigua Weighs High Cost of Fossil Fuels
- Outlawing Polygamy to Combat Gender Inequalities, Domestic Violence in Papua New Guinea
- Drought and Misuse Behind Lebanon’s Water Scarcity
- A Carrot Is a Carrot – or Is It?