via Lobe Log
From the London Review of Books:
But the price of war is higher for Israel than it was during Cast Lead, and its room for manoeuvre more limited, because the Jewish state’s only real ally, the American government, has to maintain good relations with Egypt and other democratically elected [...]
We’ve been writing a lot here about the hyperventilation of hawks about Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Lebanon. Even the U.S. government got in on the action, asking Lebanon to not host the visiting Iranian dignitary.
For a more level-headed perspective of the trip, check out Adam Shatz’s post at the blog of the [...]
- Argentina and United Arab Emirates Open New Stage in Bilateral Relations
- Extremism Threatens Press Freedom
- Press Crackdown Is Likely to Worsen
- IPS joins in the call to enforce international law to protect journalists
- Women of Haitian Descent Bear the Brunt of Dominican Migration Policy
- Over $10 Billion in Aid Pledges at Syria Donor Conference
- After 20 Years, Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Still in Political Limbo
- “A Fair Day’s Wage for a Fair Day’s Work?”
- Europe is disintegrating while its citizens watch indifferent
- Cameron at large: Want Not to Become a Terrorist? Speak Fluent English!