via Lobe Log
Foreign Policy’s Stephen Walt highlights a chart by Belfer Center fellow Matt Waldman showing that as the US-led 2009 “Surge” in Afghanistan proceeded, US casualties increased. The pace in 2012 is also roughly similar to the toll from the previous two years:
Equally important, the final column (based on figures [...]
via IPS News
Paula Broadwell, whose affair with Gen. David Petraeus brought his career to a sudden end last week, had sought to help defend his decision in 2010 to allow village destruction in Afghanistan that not only violated his own previous guidance but the international laws of war.
But her efforts had [...]
- Explosives Shatter Lives in Kashmir
- Has Caribbean Diplomacy Lost Its Mojo?
- Nuclear Iran Unlikely to Tilt Regional Power Balance – Report
- Videla Dies in Prison – a Victory Against Impunity
- U.S.-Russia Nuclear Arsenals Cling to Bygone Era
- Film on Sexual Abuse Wins at Colombia-Venezuela Festival
- Official Bullying Lurks Behind Prep for Olympics in Brazil
- Pioneering Italian Town Leads Europe in Waste Recycling
- Civil Society Under Attack Around the World
- Migratory “Flyways” Decimated by Human Expansion