via Lobe Log
Foreign Policy’s Stephen Walt highlights a chart by Belfer Center fellow Matt Waldman showing that as the US-led 2009 “Surge” in Afghanistan proceeded, US casualties increased. The pace in 2012 is also roughly similar to the toll from the previous two years:
Equally important, the final column (based on figures [...]
via IPS News
Paula Broadwell, whose affair with Gen. David Petraeus brought his career to a sudden end last week, had sought to help defend his decision in 2010 to allow village destruction in Afghanistan that not only violated his own previous guidance but the international laws of war.
But her efforts had [...]
- Making Sustainability Part of the Corporate DNA
- Brexit and Ueexit
- Can Better Technology Lure Asia’s Youth Back to Farming?
- Least Developed Countries’ Vulnerabilities Make Graduation Difficult
- To Be Fixed, Europe Needs a Wrecking Ball
- Cotton Crisis
- Islamists and Secularists Adjust to Work Together
- Women’s Health Takes Center Stage at UN Population Awards
- Disagreement Continues Over Global Drug Policy
- Ethiopia-Eritrea: The Cry of the Imburi