via Lobe Log
Foreign Policy’s Stephen Walt highlights a chart by Belfer Center fellow Matt Waldman showing that as the US-led 2009 “Surge” in Afghanistan proceeded, US casualties increased. The pace in 2012 is also roughly similar to the toll from the previous two years:
Equally important, the final column (based on figures [...]
via IPS News
Paula Broadwell, whose affair with Gen. David Petraeus brought his career to a sudden end last week, had sought to help defend his decision in 2010 to allow village destruction in Afghanistan that not only violated his own previous guidance but the international laws of war.
But her efforts had [...]
- Goodbye Mugabe, Hello New Zimbabwe?
- IOM Joins UN SG in Call to End Libya Migrant Slave Trade
- Coping with Foreign Direct Investment
- Keeping the Spotlight on Violence against Women and Girls
- For Africa to Root out Modern Day Slave Trade, Youth Empowerment Is Crucial
- UN Agency Defers Action Cutting Ties to Tobacco Industry
- White Elephants and the Urban Challenges of Brasilia
- Ethnic Violence in Ethiopia Amid Shadowy Politics
- Belgian City of Mechelen Embraces Integration
- Lobbying & Sponsorships at COP23 Corrupted Climate Talks