by Wayne White Although the Obama administration appears to be currently focused on resisting calls to increase sanctions on Iran while negotiations over its nuclear program are in session, the far more dangerous “military option” is alive and well in Washington despite its many pitfalls. Senator-elect Tom Cotton (R-Ark) told a group of reporters on
via Lobe Log
Lobe Log publishes Hawks on Iran every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
Michael Singh (WINEP), Washington Post: The managing director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (aka [...]
In response to a worrying trend in U.S. politics, Lobe Log publishes “Hawks on Iran” every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
*Perhaps we spend too much time on hawkish commentary about Iran in the media and [...]
Israel’s mostly-for-show settlement moratorium has expired, over the objections of the liberal pro-Israel group J Street, and the usual suspects on the right couldn’t be happier. More revealing, however, is the sight of Jeffrey Goldberg’s scarcely-concealed gloating over the fact that J Street “lost” the battle over a settlement freeze.
Why revealing? Because Goldberg [...]
- Africa Should Be at the Forefront of a Global Response to COVID-19
- UN Warns of an Impending Famine With Millions in Danger of Starvation
- Autocracy on the Rise: Should we Expect Military Spending to Follow?
- Overcoming the Digital Gap and Food Insecurity: a Complementary Target
- Sustainable Measures Help Farmers Script a Positive Story Amid COVID-19 Uncertainty
- G20 Puts More into Fossil Than Green Energy in Covid-19 Recovery Packages
- Millions of New Poor Are on the Way – Who Cares?
- Can Africa’s Third Industrial Development Decade Deliver?
- Q&A: Mro Indigenous Community Plea for Halt of Construction of 5-Star Hotel
- Not all 74 million Trump Voters Can be Racists