by Derek Davison
As talks aimed at a comprehensive nuclear deal with Iran continue, with principals from Iran and world powers meeting in Vienna this week, two recent analyses of the negotiations have compared the talks to a “Rubik’s Cube.”
A May 9 report from the International Crisis Group [...]
by Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
Even with potential U.S. strikes against Iranian ally Syria looming, Washington and Tehran appear to be preparing for the resumption of nuclear talks.
U.S. foreign policy analysts have been bustling since the Aug. 4 inauguration of Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani, who may have ushered in a new [...]
by Ali Vaez
via Iran Primer
The United States has imposed several layers of sanctions against Iran—for widely diverse reasons—dating back to the 1979 revolution. Tehran now wants relief from sanctions as part of any diplomatic deal on its controversial nuclear program. But lifting sanctions is often harder than imposing them—and [...]
via Lobe Log
A new report from Iran’s hawkish Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) suggests the Iranians may be more open to achieving a peaceful resolution to the dispute over their controversial nuclear program than ever before. ”With Obama’s reelection Tuesday, there is guarded hope in Tehran and Washington that a solution agreeable to [...]
via IPS News
As Iran faces economic unrest, discussion is intensifying over the impact sanctions are having on Iran’s economy.
But experts doubt that the current situation portends the end of the Iranian regime or Iranian capitulation to Israeli and Western-led demands that it change its nuclear stance.
“You have now a market [...]
- International Finance Governance Undemocratic
- Community Seed Banks: Securing Diversity for Climate Change Adaptation
- “Horrific” Increase in Worldwide Displacement
- Truth or Delusion?
- World to Cut Emissions With or Without Trump
- The ‘Public’ in Public Health
- Abdullah bin Zayed hails Arab leaders’ resolve to combat extremism and terrorism
- Ecuador Focuses on New UN Tax Body to Fight Illicit Financial Flows
- Macron Likely to Diffuse Tensions as Independence Vote Looms in New Caledonia
- Norwegian Trade Union Boycott Israel