via Lobe Log
By Scott McConnell
I spent the weekend canvassing for Obama in the Virginia Beach area. The task for the hundreds of volunteers who descended from DC and New York was to make sure the maximum number of Virginia’s “sporadic Democratic voters” — a designation which seemed to mean, pretty much, [...]
Jack Ross, the American Conservative blogger, has an enlightening essay on Right Web about the neoconservative split over the current events unfolding in Egypt. Ross’s tack is somewhat different than the one offered here by Daniel Luban (see below).
Instead of highlighting the differences between some neocons and the Israeli right, Ross focuses [...]
The Leveretts have a piece up reacting to Sarah Palin’s USA Today op-ed. It’s a thoughtful accounting, deeply (and rightfully) scornful of Palin’s belligerence, but lacks in terms of context and framing. The Leveretts, while shrewd geo-strategists, may be engaged in wishful thinking and overestimating the potential of the Tea Party as a sane voice in [...]
Jack Ross, posting on The American Conservative‘s blog, has taken a close look at Jennifer Rubin’s back-story.
Jack, who has a book coming out on Elmer Berger and American anti-Zionism, has called attention to a comment left by a reader of an earlier post on Rubin — The Washington Post’s newest, and most [...]
Daniel Larison at the American Conservative has an interesting take on U.S. President Barack Obama’s endorsement of India’s bid to join the permanent five members of the UN Security Council (those who wield veto power), and what it says about the United State’s policy of steadfast objection to the Iranian nuclear program.
Larison (with [...]
- COVID-19: Where to From Here For Efforts to Support Youth Economic Inclusion?
- STRONGER TOGETHER IN CRISES’ – EDUCATION CANNOT WAIT REACHES 3.5 MILLION CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN HUMANITARIAN CRISES WORLDWIDE
- The Growing Global Movement to End Outdoor Advertising
- Reform of the United Nations Organization
- CPTPP Trade Liberalization Charade Continues
- US-IRAN-CHINA: Travails of a Trilateral Triangle, and the Emergence of an Eastern Front
- COVID Crisis Challenges in People with Disabilities and Hansen’s Disease
- Understanding the Benefits of local Wetland Encourages Eswatini Community to Save it
- Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?
- Building Resilience in Pacific Education