Writing in the British newspaper the Guardian‘s Comment is Free section, Brian Whitaker took up the question of ‘Persian’ versus ‘Arabian’ Gulf. He says he prefers to just call it “the Gulf,” but notes that Iran has even rejected this middle ground, having banned copies of a 2006 issue of the Economist that only [...]
Announcing a massive $60 billion dollar arms sale to Saudi Arabia, Assistant Secretary of State Andrew Shapiro called the body of water separating Iran and the Arab states to its southwest the “Arabian Gulf.”
At the press conference, the Persian Gulf, the widely accepted name for the body of water, was not mentioned at [...]
- Why Is Women’s Leadership Not in the Headlines?
- Making State-Owned Enterprises Work for Climate in China and Beyond
- The Future We Want, The UN We Need
- Trump Pitched his Vision of a Global Order — at Odds with the UN Charter
- Scientists Draw up Guidelines to Help Agri-food Companies Align with 2030 Agenda
- Bending the Curve on Biodiversity Loss Requires Nothing Less than Transformational Change
- Africa at the Crossroads: Time to Abandon Failing Green Revolution
- Anne Larigauderie UN Biodiversity Summit #ForNature Video
- Looking for Jobs in Latin America – Can the Energy Transition Help?
- Fighting India’s Bonded Labour During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Part 1