via Lobe Log
Last Sunday former President Bill Clinton asked the CEO of Walmart if he would open a store in Libya.
Surely Libya needs more jobs and needs to get its economy going, but I am not sure how a Walmart would do that. A large proportion of the goods that [...]
via Lobe Log
News and views relevant to US foreign policy for Sept. 12
“U.S. ambassador to Libya killed in Benghazi attack”: Reuters reports that the US ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, was killed yesterday along with three of his staff when protestors and heavily-armed Islamist militiamen stormed the embassy compound and a [...]
- Why Is Women’s Leadership Not in the Headlines?
- Making State-Owned Enterprises Work for Climate in China and Beyond
- The Future We Want, The UN We Need
- Trump Pitched his Vision of a Global Order — at Odds with the UN Charter
- Scientists Draw up Guidelines to Help Agri-food Companies Align with 2030 Agenda
- Bending the Curve on Biodiversity Loss Requires Nothing Less than Transformational Change
- Africa at the Crossroads: Time to Abandon Failing Green Revolution
- Anne Larigauderie UN Biodiversity Summit #ForNature Video
- Looking for Jobs in Latin America – Can the Energy Transition Help?
- Fighting India’s Bonded Labour During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Part 1