by Mitchell Plitnick Take a particularly provocative and grandstanding Israeli government and shift its focus from Hamas and Gaza to Jerusalem and you have a most explosive recipe. That potion is being stirred now, and the results could shake up the status quo in a way that we have only seen a few times in Israel’s
by Mitchell Plitnick
Today, I’m asking my readers to please support the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). The group has been working hard on some new legislation and it’s really important to help get this bill to the floor of the Senate and the House.
by Wayne White
The remorseless death toll and Assad regime gains in Syria have generated intense criticism in Washington of US policy toward the country. Other observers have also taken up this meme, often claiming the regime would have fallen long ago had the US and West intervened militarily or even just [...]
by Chas Freeman
An acquaintance who, like me, used to work on foreign affairs in the U.S. government, told me the other day that he thought that, in going after Bashar al-Assad, President Barak Obama had decided on an approach more akin to Bush 41 (carefully building a consensus) than Bush 43 [...]
via Lobe Log
Daniel Levy, a former Israeli peace negotiator, provides seven takeaways from the Gaza ceasefire in the Daily Beast. From Number 5, “Denying Palestinian political realities just got (much, much) harder”:
Let’s keep this short. Hamas-run Gaza in the midst of conflict with Israel has just played host to the [...]
This is a guest post from Beirut by Marc J. Sirois, a writer and the former managing editor of the Daily Star newspaper in the Lebanese capital.
The run-up to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s recent visit to Lebanon called forth a barrage of comment from neoconservative circles. Unlike the savvy campaign for war in Iraq, [...]
- Latin America Focuses on Attacking Pockets of Rural Poverty
- A Crisis Deepens in Libya but Where Are the Cameras?
- Migrants and Refugees Must “Have the Right to Have Rights” Says Jazairy of Geneva Centre
- A Restructured African Development Bank Plans to Meet Economic Challenges Facing Continent
- Father of Palestine’s Icon: Everyone is Blaming my Daughter
- Rohingya Children Draw Their Dreams: And It Looks Like Home…
- Oxfam’s Sexual Abuse Episode Must Inspire a Culture Shift
- Migrants Are Up Against Nicaragua’s “Containment Wall”
- UN Seeks Private Sector Leadership to End Violence Against Children
- Till Her Last Breath- Remembering Asma Jahangir