by Mitchell Plitnick Take a particularly provocative and grandstanding Israeli government and shift its focus from Hamas and Gaza to Jerusalem and you have a most explosive recipe. That potion is being stirred now, and the results could shake up the status quo in a way that we have only seen a few times in Israel’s
by Mitchell Plitnick
Today, I’m asking my readers to please support the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). The group has been working hard on some new legislation and it’s really important to help get this bill to the floor of the Senate and the House.
by Wayne White
The remorseless death toll and Assad regime gains in Syria have generated intense criticism in Washington of US policy toward the country. Other observers have also taken up this meme, often claiming the regime would have fallen long ago had the US and West intervened militarily or even just [...]
by Chas Freeman
An acquaintance who, like me, used to work on foreign affairs in the U.S. government, told me the other day that he thought that, in going after Bashar al-Assad, President Barak Obama had decided on an approach more akin to Bush 41 (carefully building a consensus) than Bush 43 [...]
via Lobe Log
Daniel Levy, a former Israeli peace negotiator, provides seven takeaways from the Gaza ceasefire in the Daily Beast. From Number 5, “Denying Palestinian political realities just got (much, much) harder”:
Let’s keep this short. Hamas-run Gaza in the midst of conflict with Israel has just played host to the [...]
This is a guest post from Beirut by Marc J. Sirois, a writer and the former managing editor of the Daily Star newspaper in the Lebanese capital.
The run-up to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s recent visit to Lebanon called forth a barrage of comment from neoconservative circles. Unlike the savvy campaign for war in Iraq, [...]
- Around 90 percent of Al Jazeera budget comes from the Qatari government: Director General of Al Jazeera Media Network
- Minamata Convention, Curbing Mercury Use, is Now Legally Binding
- Wonder Woman Should STILL be a UN Ambassador
- Population Aging: Hallmark of the 21st Century
- What Does “Climate-Smart Agriculture” Really Mean? New Tool Breaks It Down
- The Perils of Irregular Migration: From Migrant to Migrants
- New Tool Separates Wheat from Chaff for Climate-Smart Ag Finance
- Will Renewable Energies Finally Get Their Chance in Argentina?
- Yemen: African Migrants Beaten, Starved, Sexually Violated by Criminal Groups
- One in 10 Displaced Syrians Returned Home