The following are lightly edited notes from a conversation over the phone with IPS correspondent and LobeLog contributor Emad Mekay in Egypt. Check out all our news coverage of Egypt and Emad’s other dispatches, and a story for the wire late Friday night.
I LOOK OUTSIDE AND IT’S HAPPENING, WITH A [...]
The following is a set of edited notes from a conversation between myself and IPS’s correspondent in Egypt, Emad Mekay, who was filing dispatches for LobeLog until the Internet went down. He was on the streets of downtown Cairo today until just after the curfew, when he returned home and we chatted by phone.
- Cuban Innovator Uses Sunlight to Create a Model Sustainable Space
- Women Advocates for Harvesting Rainwater in Salinity-Affected Coastal Bangladesh
- A World of One Billion Empty Plates
- Why Investing in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Pays Off
- Inequality in Peru’s Education Sector Deepens in Post-Pandemic Era
- The New Cold War Over Access To Safe Abortion in Kenya
- Civil Disobedience – How to Make Enemies and Influence People
- How to Make COP27 a Success
- The Swedish Elections: A Victory for Populism
- Pacific Community’s Agricultural Gene Bank Wins Global Award