via Lobe Log
By Leila Kashefi
As everyone knows, since the revolution of 1979, the United States and the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) have been BEFs — best enemies forever. While the US occasionally offers its solidarity to the people of Iran and criticizes the regime’s human rights record, its [...]
By Jim Lobe and Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
In a move certain to ratchet up already-high tensions with Iran, the administration of President Barack Obama will remove a militant anti-regime group from the State Department’s terrorism list, U.S. officials told reporters here Friday.
The decision, which is expected to be formally announced before Oct. [...]
via Lobe Log
Julian Borger, Laura Rozen and Scott Peterson report on the “wide gap” and the “nitty gritty” details of the latest round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent members of [...]
- Why Polio Campaigns Must Reach Every Last Child in Kenya
- A Women’s March on the World
- Were UN Plans to Ban Nukes Pre-empted by Trump?
- Social Networks in Mexico Both Fuel and Fight Discontent
- Right to Information Dead on Arrival at UN
- Is Globalisation Reversible?
- World Focus on Disappearances
- Trump Trade Strategy Unclear
- Pacific Islanders Call for U.S. Solidarity on Climate Change
- Trump’s UN Pick: “UN Could Benefit from a Fresh Set of Eyes”