via Lobe Log
By Leila Kashefi
As everyone knows, since the revolution of 1979, the United States and the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) have been BEFs — best enemies forever. While the US occasionally offers its solidarity to the people of Iran and criticizes the regime’s human rights record, its [...]
By Jim Lobe and Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
In a move certain to ratchet up already-high tensions with Iran, the administration of President Barack Obama will remove a militant anti-regime group from the State Department’s terrorism list, U.S. officials told reporters here Friday.
The decision, which is expected to be formally announced before Oct. [...]
via Lobe Log
Julian Borger, Laura Rozen and Scott Peterson report on the “wide gap” and the “nitty gritty” details of the latest round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent members of [...]
- Activists Criticise Offshore Drilling as Obama Prepares for Arctic Summit
- Will New Sri Lankan Government Prioritize Resettlement of War-Displaced?
- Europe Squabbles While Refugees Die
- OECD Urges Further Reforms for an Inclusive South Africa
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?
- U.S.-Made Cluster Munitions Causing Civilian Deaths in Yemen
- Opinion: A Farewell to Arms that Fuel Atrocities is Within Our Grasp
- OPEC Fund Supports UNIDO in Latin America
- Emerging Industrial Power Rises From Aid Beneficiary to Donor Nation