via Lobe Log
By Mark Jansson
Although President Obama has another four years, he will surely continue to hear from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu and a chorus of critics at home, that he has far less time to convince Iran to cooperate with the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA). But the administration [...]
U.S. hawks insist at every turn on more and harsher sanctions against Iran. But the only means of pressure available to them may be either ineffective unilateral moves or aggressive extraterritorial sanctions that are likely to upset allies.
Well, not quite. But the former Pentagon under-secretary and current AEI scholar has something to say on the subject.
A recent neoconservative meme has been to assert that the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt that are imperiling dictatorial regimes owe a debt of gratitude to President George W. Bush’s efforts to bring democracy [...]
(Late-breaking updates below, including reactions and Jundullah’s claim of responsibility.)
Iran blamed the United States for a suicide attack in the Islamic Republic’s restive Southeast. While Iran is mostly a Shia country, the Southeast is home to a Sunni ethnic Baluchi population that straddles the border with Pakistan.
When host Christiane Amanpour brought up Mid East peace talks on ABC’s Sunday talk show “This Week,” the topic of conversation went quickly from the talks themselves to the West’s standoff with Iran over its nuclear program.
But there was a noticeable difference in the tone of this conversation versus those in the run-up [...]
- African Development Bank joins forces with international organisations to help developing countries build resilience to extreme weather
- Industrial Energy Efficiency is a Climate Solution
- COP 25: ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals
- AUDIO: If We Are to Achieve Zero-leprosy by 2030, This Is the Best Time and Opportunity
- AUDIO: “We Cannot Achieve Zero-Leprosy by 2030 Without a Vaccine” – WHO Team Leader
- Haiti’s Cry for Help as Climate Change is Compared to an Act of Violence against the Island Nation
- How Climate Change is Fuelling Insurgency of Nigeria’s Militant Boko Haram
- Mainstreaming Leprosy-affected People a Big Challenge in Bangladesh
- Fighting for a Leprosy-Free World
- The Ignoble Fall of a Nobel Peace Prize Winner