via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
This Washington Post article about Iran and Hezbollah building networks in Syria in the event of Bashar al-Assad’s fall is certainly eye-catching. It’s also suggestive of Iranian shrewdness in trying to make the best out of every situation they face in the region.
Assad’s turmoil was supposed [...]
via Lobe Log
On Monday the Wall Street Journal published a breathless article about Iran sending troops to bolster Syria. Quite a bit of the piece is a re-write of a previous story based on anonymous sources and speculation about Iranian hostages in Syria, some of whom are reportedly retired members of [...]
- Opinion: Ending Child Marriage – What Difference Can a Summit Make?
- Better Nutrition for Better Lives
- Uganda, Tanzania Need Gender Sensitive Climate Change Policies
- Drought Threatens Water-Truck Lifeline in Parched Northeast Brazil
- Women Suffer Psychological Problems After Living Under Taliban
- Terrorism Index Shows Nine-Fold Increase Since 2000
- World’s Poorest Nations Battle Rising Rural Poverty
- Climate Refugees and a Collapsing City
- From Darkness to Light: Dramatic Rescue of Tanzanian Miners Trapped 41 Days in Rubble
- Did Argentina’s Elections Mark Start of Shift to the Right in South America?