via Lobe Log
The Nation’s Jeremy Scahill injects some badly needed context into the media frenzy over David Petraeus’s CIA resignation by examining the four-star General’s legacy against the backdrop of an increasingly militarized intelligence agency:
As head of US Central Command in 2009, Petraeus issued execute orders that significantly broadened the ability [...]
- In India, an Indoor Health Crisis
- World Misses Its Potential by Excluding 50 Percent of Its People
- Opinion: Eco-efficient Crop and Livestock Production for Nicaraguan Farmers
- Newly Recognised Indigenous Rights a Dead Letter?
- Can Indigenous and Wildlife Conservationists Work Together?
- Opinion: Bridging the Gap – How the SDG Fund is Paving the Way for a Post-2015 Agenda
- Brazil Called upon to Block Genetically Engineered Eucalyptus Trees
- 42 Human Rights Groups Slam Indonesia’s Death Penalty
- Opinion: Reforming Mental Health in India
- Prominent Lawyer Defending the Poor Gunned Down in Mozambique