Guest blogger: Ann Ninan, IPS Gender Editor
The UN has finally decided to stand up for women! A decision to create a new agency for women was taken by the General Assembly on September14.
Our colleague Thalif Deen, IPS bureau chief in New York, was the first and only journalist to report it for the [...]
- Pemex Exploits Fossil Fuels with Money from International Banks
- Skyrocketing Inflation Puts Food Security in Pakistan at Risk
- After Nagorno-Karabakh, is Armenia Next?
- Why Floods ‘Beyond Our Imagination’ Hit Nepalese Himalayan Town
- Bahrain’s Political Prisoners: Resistance Against the Odds
- Alarm Bells are Ringing at Halfway Point of the 2030 Agenda
- African Coups and Resource Rights
- ‘The International Community Must Act on Afghanistan’ – PODCAST
- Beyond Words: The Urgent Call for the US to Address Global Inequality Through Climate Action
- Poverty & Hunger Eradication Targeted to Miss UN’s 2030 Deadline by Wide Margins