A book review by Mamtha Rajesh
The book “Preparing For The Day After” is a photojournalistic treatise, a veritable treat for the newshound published on the eve of the 10th anniversary of the Asian Tsunami as an E Book on Google Play. Taking off on a critique on the role of the media on [...]
Choreographed War and Other Aspects of the World’s Greatest Game
Have you ever entered an empty stadium? Try it. Stand in the middle of the field and [...]
The perceptive and eloquent journalist and author discusses his new book, The Ministry of Guidance Invites You to Not Stay: An American Family in Iran, with Jon Stewart of the Daily Show on February 24th.
How Does the Global War on Terror Ever End?
via Tom Dispatch
[This epilogue to Scahill’s bestselling book, Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield, is posted with the kind permission of its publisher, Nation Books.]
On January 21, 2013, Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term [...]
Though the big winter holidays are behind us, we are now looking toward another year filled with birthdays and many other celebrations. Most of these are centered around the exchange of gifts, which presents us with the same dilemma we faced in December: We really don’t want to engorge ourselves in mindless purchasing of empty [...]
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- E-Commerce Giants Under Fire for Retailing Hazardous Mercury-Based Cosmetics
- GGGI Coastal Landscape Restoration and Bio-economy Scoping Mission to the Ayeyarwady Delta
- Gender equality key to green growth in Lao PDR says new policy brief, potentially adding USD 3.7 billion to annual GDP by 2025
- Rohingya Protest Against Return to Myanmar and Halt Repatriation
- 2018 World Tolerance Day: Executive Director of the Geneva Centre appeals to decision-makers to sign and endorse 2018 World Conference outcome declaration
- Africa Set for a Massive Free Trade Area
- Kenya Looks to Lead the Way in Developing the Blue Economy’s Potential
- Mexico-US migration: What can data tell us?
- Earth’s Biodiversity: A Pivotal Meeting at a Pivotal Time