A book review by Mamtha Rajesh
The book “Preparing For The Day After” is a photojournalistic treatise, a veritable treat for the newshound published on the eve of the 10th anniversary of the Asian Tsunami as an E Book on Google Play. Taking off on a critique on the role of the media on [...]
Choreographed War and Other Aspects of the World’s Greatest Game
Have you ever entered an empty stadium? Try it. Stand in the middle of the field and [...]
The perceptive and eloquent journalist and author discusses his new book, The Ministry of Guidance Invites You to Not Stay: An American Family in Iran, with Jon Stewart of the Daily Show on February 24th.
How Does the Global War on Terror Ever End?
via Tom Dispatch
[This epilogue to Scahill’s bestselling book, Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield, is posted with the kind permission of its publisher, Nation Books.]
On January 21, 2013, Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term [...]
Though the big winter holidays are behind us, we are now looking toward another year filled with birthdays and many other celebrations. Most of these are centered around the exchange of gifts, which presents us with the same dilemma we faced in December: We really don’t want to engorge ourselves in mindless purchasing of empty [...]
- Q&A: A New Leader with a Vision to Redefine Human Rights
- If Vanuatu Can Ban Single-Use Plastics, so Can the Other Commonwealth Countries!
- Has Globalization Enhanced Development Cooperation?
- Mixed Signals as Guyana Develops its Green Economy Strategy
- The Gender of Law: What the Mapping of Family Laws Reveals
- Old Age Is a Curse in India
- New Relationship Evolves Between Society and Energy in Brazil
- Cambodia: Land rights activist Tep Vanny released from prison following royal pardon
- Poverty-Stricken Communities in Ghana are Restoring Once-Barren Land
- Critical funding shortage threatens WHO’s response in northwest Syria