A book review by Mamtha Rajesh
The book “Preparing For The Day After” is a photojournalistic treatise, a veritable treat for the newshound published on the eve of the 10th anniversary of the Asian Tsunami as an E Book on Google Play. Taking off on a critique on the role of the media on [...]
Choreographed War and Other Aspects of the World’s Greatest Game
Have you ever entered an empty stadium? Try it. Stand in the middle of the field and [...]
The perceptive and eloquent journalist and author discusses his new book, The Ministry of Guidance Invites You to Not Stay: An American Family in Iran, with Jon Stewart of the Daily Show on February 24th.
How Does the Global War on Terror Ever End?
via Tom Dispatch
[This epilogue to Scahill’s bestselling book, Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield, is posted with the kind permission of its publisher, Nation Books.]
On January 21, 2013, Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term [...]
Though the big winter holidays are behind us, we are now looking toward another year filled with birthdays and many other celebrations. Most of these are centered around the exchange of gifts, which presents us with the same dilemma we faced in December: We really don’t want to engorge ourselves in mindless purchasing of empty [...]
- Will Vision 2030 Usher the New Kingdom of Saud? – Part 1
- Migration Means Reinvention – Even to Olympian
- Robots, Unemployment … and Immigrants
- Latin America Focuses on Attacking Pockets of Rural Poverty
- A Crisis Deepens in Libya but Where Are the Cameras?
- Migrants and Refugees Must “Have the Right to Have Rights” Says Jazairy of Geneva Centre
- A Restructured African Development Bank Plans to Meet Economic Challenges Facing Continent
- Father of Palestine’s Icon: Everyone is Blaming my Daughter
- Rohingya Children Draw Their Dreams: And It Looks Like Home…
- Oxfam’s Sexual Abuse Episode Must Inspire a Culture Shift