Negative comments at the end of an article or blog are nothing new. However, after recently reading a story about a local co-op group that my worker-owned cooperative is part of, I was struck by the mentally lazy vitriol of the first commenters. The article was about a new loan fund to help small [...]
Cigarettes, Wrigley’s chewing gum, Louisiana hot sauce, weight-loss remedies, body-building equipment, and sports rehabilitation equipment. These are just some of the items which, thanks to a lengthy investigative article published by The New York Times, we now know are exempt from the “biting” sanctions which the Barack Obama administration has imposed against Iran.
- U.N. Officials Warn of Dengue Outbreak in War-Torn Yemen
- Local Development, the Key to Legitimising Amazon Hydropower Dams
- Stop Food Waste – Cook It and Eat It
- Faith Leaders Call for Debt Relief to Puerto Rico
- Activists Criticise Offshore Drilling as Obama Prepares for Arctic Summit
- Will New Sri Lankan Government Prioritize Resettlement of War-Displaced?
- Europe Squabbles While Refugees Die
- OECD Urges Further Reforms for an Inclusive South Africa
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?