Negative comments at the end of an article or blog are nothing new. However, after recently reading a story about a local co-op group that my worker-owned cooperative is part of, I was struck by the mentally lazy vitriol of the first commenters. The article was about a new loan fund to help small [...]
Cigarettes, Wrigley’s chewing gum, Louisiana hot sauce, weight-loss remedies, body-building equipment, and sports rehabilitation equipment. These are just some of the items which, thanks to a lengthy investigative article published by The New York Times, we now know are exempt from the “biting” sanctions which the Barack Obama administration has imposed against Iran.
- Somali Refugees Find an Unlikely Home … In Istanbul
- Trade Facilitation Will Support African Industrialisation
- People Before Borders
- Food – Thou Shall Not Waste
- In Turbulent Iraq, Children Bear the Brunt of War
- Human Development – Latin America Less Than Halfway There
- Antigua Weighs High Cost of Fossil Fuels
- Outlawing Polygamy to Combat Gender Inequalities, Domestic Violence in Papua New Guinea
- Drought and Misuse Behind Lebanon’s Water Scarcity
- A Carrot Is a Carrot – or Is It?