By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Who Should Lead the WHO Next?
- Growth Is Real Only If It Is Inclusive
- Poverty Elimination and Reduction of Inequality: Global Trends and Policy Imperatives
- How to Save Thousands of Children’s Lives
- Farming Brings Stability to Remote Villages in Papua
- World Must Tackle the Biggest Killer of Whales – and it’s not Whaling
- Limitless Cigars and Rum for U.S. Tourists in Cuba
- Learning from Past Mistakes: Rebuilding Haiti After Hurricane Matthew
- Governments and Social Movements Disagree on Future of Cities
- Student Struggle in South Africa Gains Momentum