By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Persecution of Uganda’s Gays Intensifies as Rights Groups Go Underground
- Japan Seeks Foreign Workers, Uneasily
- Culture Increasingly Unaffordable for Cubans
- Bringing the Bridges Home
- U.S.-Russia Sabre Rattling May Undermine Nuke Meeting
- U.S. Urged to Tackle Lead in Aviation Gasoline
- Charting a Course for Survival, or Oblivion?
- Nigeria – From Sticks and Machetes to Rocket-propelled Grenades
- Weak Laws and Capitalist Economy Deplete Kenya’s Natural Wealth
- Cuba’s Burgeoning Private Sector Hungry for Flora and Fauna