by Marsha B. Cohen
The New York Times’ op-ed page headlined “Hopes for Iran”, which offers half a dozen cautious to negative views on Iran’s president-elect Hassan Rouhani, unexpectedly links to a “Related Story” published last year: Should Israel Accept a Nuclear Ban? Linking the online discussion — intentionally or not [...]
via Lobe Log
The grandfather of the 16-year-old American-Yemeni boy who was killed by a CIA drone strike in Yemen last year is suing 4 US officials, including Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Former CIA Director David Petraeus, over his son and grandson’s deaths.
The father of the Colorado-born Abdulrahman al Awlaki’s was an al [...]
During the same week that President Obama said the window for diplomacy with Iran over its nuclear program was “shrinking” high-level Iranian official Mohammad Javad Larijani has publicly pushed back against assertions that Iran wants to militarily harm Israel and offered concessions on its nuclear program in exchange for Western cooperation. In an interview with [...]
News and Views Relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for August 6th, 2010:
Washington Post: Robert Kagan attended the White House briefing on Iran sanctions and writes that a large number of journalists in the room simply got the story wrong by concluding that the sanctions might result in a new diplomatic initiative with Tehran. [...]
- Sanitation ‘Revolution': A New Pay-Monthly Poop Removal System
- Don’t Understand Clouds? But You Should!
- Investing in Zimbabwe’s Smallholder Farmers
- Is Wastewater the New Black Gold?
- Sweetened Research, Sugared Recommendations
- Discrimination Compounds Global Inequality: UN Report
- The vital link between forests and energy
- Water, the Great Enabler
- Cities: a Hub for Wastewater Innovation
- 2017 International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination