by Marsha B. Cohen
Israel is putting up more than its usual security measures for the arrival of an important person, Pope Francis, who will be visiting the Holy Land May 24-26. He’ll be the third pope to visit Jerusalem since the 1967 Six Day War.
The pontiff will begin [...]
by Aurélie Daher
As the Syrian uprising against the Baathist regime enters its fourth year, it is clear, given the changing balance of power on the ground, that predictions about the imminent collapse of the Assad dynasty, which constituted conventional wisdom from 2011-12, are far from the mark. Once derided [...]
via IPS News
On the eve of Monday’s foreign policy debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney, the electorate appears increasingly disillusioned with the so-called Arab Spring, according to a new survey released by the Pew Research Center here.
A majority (57 percent) of the more than 1,500 respondents said [...]
via IPS News
The recent visit by Abd al-Halim Murad, head of the Bahraini Salafi al-Asalah movement, to Syria to meet with Syrian rebels is an attempt by him and other Gulf Salafis to hijack the Syrian revolution.
Sadly, the Saudi and Bahraini governments have looked the other way as their Sunni Salafis [...]
via Lobe Log
Emile Nakhleh is a retired Senior Intelligence Service Officer, a Research Professor at the University of New Mexico and a National Intelligence Council associate. Since retiring from the United States Government in 2006, he has been consulting with different US government entities and departments on national security issues, particularly Islamic radicalization, [...]
- Trump Needs Lessons in Geopolitics : Musharraf
- The United Nations Volunteer: From Global To Local
- G77 Reiterates Call for IMF Reforms & Equitable Voting Power
- G77 Introduces 13 Draft Resolutions on the UN’s Development Agenda
- Pakistan and India Unlikely to Move to All-out War: Musharraf
- Civil Society On Aleppo: UN General Assembly Must Act
- Managing Diversity
- Unleashing Africa Full Potential
- Fidel Castro: The Revolutionary Outlived His Revolution
- UN “Profoundly Sorry” for Haiti Cholera Outbreak