To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
via IPS News
With President Barack Obama winning re-election, foreign policy analysts here are pondering whether his victory will translate into major changes from the rather cautious approach he followed overseas in his first term.
For now, speculation is focused primarily on the Middle East, the region that has dominated the international agenda [...]
- Small and Large Steps towards Equality for Gays in Cuba
- Myanmar’s President Makes Historic, Divisive Visit to White House
- Brazil Lagging in Fight against Human Trafficking
- When It Comes to Syria, Israel Frequently Redrawing Red Lines
- Living in Hell, Iraqi Christians Dream of Paradise
- Environmentalists See Seeds as Key to Agricultural Reform
- Cartoons Lead the Way From Humour to Dialogue
- Wave of Protests Against Malaysian Election Results
- Q&A: “Video Puts the Human into Human Rights”
- It Takes a Village to Educate a Girl