Frustrated by the lack of interest in climate coverage by mainstream media, 15 young journalists on 4 continents want to bring a new collaborative approach to climate change journalism. This is a voluntary effort to both increase and improve reporting called the Climate News Mosaic (CNM).
To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
via IPS News
With President Barack Obama winning re-election, foreign policy analysts here are pondering whether his victory will translate into major changes from the rather cautious approach he followed overseas in his first term.
For now, speculation is focused primarily on the Middle East, the region that has dominated the international agenda [...]
- Number 4
- Lynch Mobs Hide Behind ‘Community Justice’ in Bolivia
- The Nobel for Peace – an Expanding Scandal
- Africa Urged to Use Multilateral Approach to Achieve Sustainable Development
- ARV Intolerance – A Growing Problem for AIDS Treatment in Africa
- Drone Killings Show Numbers, Not Bodies
- Number 3
- Number 2
- An African Dream Called Lampedusa
- More U.N. States Quietly Say No to Drug War