Here’s David Ignatius, in The Washington Post, writing about the revised Israeli intelligence estimates about an Iranian bomb (2015, if you must know), with my emphasis:
The delays in the Iranian program are important because they add strategic warning time for the West to respond to any Iranian push for a bomb. U.S. officials [...]
At a release event for the U.S. Institute of Peace’s (USIP) Iran Primer: Power, Politics and U.S. Power – an exhaustive collection of new writings on the country — the opening address came from Dennis Ross, a top national security adviser to President Barack Obama on the Mid East.
Ross is an influential adviser to [...]
Columbia professor and Iran expert Gary Sick offers a simple reason why U.S. President Barack Obama’s engagement plan with Iran has thus far failed: “It has yet to be tried.”
Laura Secor, writing on the News Desk blog at the New Yorker, has an interview with former presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, a leader of the Green movement that took to the streets after the disputed June 2009 election who is now under virtual house arrest.
The interview, conducted via email, is worth checking out [...]
The National Security Network (NSN), an organization dedicated to promoting “pragmatic and principled” U.S. foreign policy, reports on the comments made Tuesday by 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin in an interview with the conservative website NewsMax.
Her comments, says NSN, are part of an attempt to treat Iran as a “political football to scare [...]
- India’s Extensive Railways Often Conduit for Child Trafficking
- Working Together for an Inclusive World
- Global Risks in 2022: The Year of Colliding Consequences
- This Planet Is Drying Up. And these Are the Consequences
- Egypt Racing to Supply Wind, Solar Energy to Greece, EU via Submarine Cables
- Illegal Immigration: A Mounting Global Crisis
- COP 27: A Global COP-Out
- Legal Recognition of East African Sign Languages Key Towards Inclusion
- Three Ways to End Gender-based Violence
- HIV Prevention: New Injection Could Boost the Fight, But Some Hurdles Remain