via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
Something of a little blog firestorm was sparked when the Washington Post‘s neoconservative blogger Jennifer Rubin claimed that George W. Bush deserved credit for setting in motion the Tunisian uprising against its U.S.-backed dictator because the seed that sprouted popular revolt was Bush’s invasion of Iraq.
Today in the [...]
- Chatterjee, new Resident Coordinator, to lead 25 UN agencies in East Africa
- Devastating Earthquake Demolishes Central Italy
- Tracing War Missing Still a Dangerous Quest in Sri Lanka
- The Lesser Sex
- Increased regional cooperation – Promising prospects in troubling times
- Not our kids
- Ships Bring Your Coffee, Snack and TV Set, But Also Pests and Diseases
- The Chinese trail
- Drug killings an international issue now
- Smart Technologies Key to Youth Involvement in Agriculture