Geert Cappelaere is UNICEF’s Representative to Sudan
For over two years 165,000 children in conflict zones of Blue Nile and South Kordofan in south eastern Sudan have been under fire; with little food and clean water, few schools and some have been forced to dig out small shelters in caves to flee the [...]
via Gary’s Choices
By Gary Sick
Every few months there is a concocted “crisis” involving suggestions that Israel is just on the verge of attacking Iran. This cycle started almost a decade ago, and it has repeated itself roughly annually, though sometimes more frequently.
In the early days, these alarms typically began with [...]
- Africa Should Be at the Forefront of a Global Response to COVID-19
- UN Warns of an Impending Famine With Millions in Danger of Starvation
- Autocracy on the Rise: Should we Expect Military Spending to Follow?
- Overcoming the Digital Gap and Food Insecurity: a Complementary Target
- Sustainable Measures Help Farmers Script a Positive Story Amid COVID-19 Uncertainty
- G20 Puts More into Fossil Than Green Energy in Covid-19 Recovery Packages
- Millions of New Poor Are on the Way – Who Cares?
- Can Africa’s Third Industrial Development Decade Deliver?
- Q&A: Mro Indigenous Community Plea for Halt of Construction of 5-Star Hotel
- Not all 74 million Trump Voters Can be Racists