via Lobe Log
Bloomberg’s editorial board urges US and EU officials to use more crippling sanctions to make the threat of regime change more credible:
The idea behind tightening the screws is not that we expect the regime to see the error of its atomic ambitions. Rather, it is to stress the economy to the [...]
Iran’s economy is not on the verge of collapse
via Lobe Log
The sharp drop in the value of the rial in the last two weeks has created much excitement in Iran and abroad, but mostly for the wrong reasons. In the parallel (or free) market for foreign currencies, the [...]
via IPS News
As Iran faces economic unrest, discussion is intensifying over the impact sanctions are having on Iran’s economy.
But experts doubt that the current situation portends the end of the Iranian regime or Iranian capitulation to Israeli and Western-led demands that it change its nuclear stance.
“You have now a market [...]
- Push Forward – Act Now to End Violence Against Women and Girls
- End Violence Against Women and Girls
- LGBTI in Iraq: Defending Identity in the Face of Harassment, Stigma and Death
- Black ‘Fraud-Days’ and the Shocking Cost of Staying Fashionable
- Cattle Turn Into New Currency Amid Inflation in Zimbabwe
- Countries Hiding Responses Sent to UN Experts Over Allegations of Human Rights Abuses
- The World Cup of Opportunity
- Was COP27 a Success or a Failure?
- For this Caribbean Island, Ozone Protection is a Year-Round Mission
- Asia: the Power of Connections and their Consequences