via Lobe Log
Bloomberg’s editorial board urges US and EU officials to use more crippling sanctions to make the threat of regime change more credible:
The idea behind tightening the screws is not that we expect the regime to see the error of its atomic ambitions. Rather, it is to stress the economy to the [...]
Iran’s economy is not on the verge of collapse
via Lobe Log
The sharp drop in the value of the rial in the last two weeks has created much excitement in Iran and abroad, but mostly for the wrong reasons. In the parallel (or free) market for foreign currencies, the [...]
via IPS News
As Iran faces economic unrest, discussion is intensifying over the impact sanctions are having on Iran’s economy.
But experts doubt that the current situation portends the end of the Iranian regime or Iranian capitulation to Israeli and Western-led demands that it change its nuclear stance.
“You have now a market [...]
- The Changing Distribution of World Population
- Gains and Losses of Irregular Migration
- Forced to Flee. Displaced with a Dream. Time for Action.
- African Politicians Asked to Develop Legal Instruments to Fight Climate Change
- India’s Electric Mobility Needs Enabling Infrastructure to Pick up Speed
- The Adaptive Age: No Institution or Individual can Stand on the Sidelines in the Fight Against Climate Change
- Nature-Based Climate Solutions Opportunity for Latin America
- Travel Tourism Must Transform to Survive, Thrive
- Fostering Jobs, Entrepreneurship, and Capacity Development for African Youth: The Time for Disruption Is Now!
- Volunteerism – An Antidote to a World in Flux