via Lobe Log
Bloomberg’s editorial board urges US and EU officials to use more crippling sanctions to make the threat of regime change more credible:
The idea behind tightening the screws is not that we expect the regime to see the error of its atomic ambitions. Rather, it is to stress the economy to the [...]
Iran’s economy is not on the verge of collapse
via Lobe Log
The sharp drop in the value of the rial in the last two weeks has created much excitement in Iran and abroad, but mostly for the wrong reasons. In the parallel (or free) market for foreign currencies, the [...]
via IPS News
As Iran faces economic unrest, discussion is intensifying over the impact sanctions are having on Iran’s economy.
But experts doubt that the current situation portends the end of the Iranian regime or Iranian capitulation to Israeli and Western-led demands that it change its nuclear stance.
“You have now a market [...]
- How Senegal is Providing Reproductive Health Services to those Who can Least Afford it
- Can Private Finance Really Serve Humanity?
- Electrification of Transport: A Challenge for Urbanised Latin America
- Toward a More Resilient Europe
- Providing an Education in Favour of Senegal’s Girls
- Miracle or Mirage? Gangs and Plunging Violence in El Salvador
- The Fuzia Story: Empowering Women Through the Fusion of Cultures and Ideas
- India’s Fisheries: Past, Present, and Future
- On World Youth Skills Day, Don’t Forget the Importance of Soft Skills
- Heifer Nepal Farmers Persevere During COVID-19 Pandemic