via Lobe Log
Iran seems to be maintaining its previous stance on uranium enrichment — a key issue for Western powers and Israel — ahead of proposed talks by the 6-power P5+1 negotiating group. On Tuesday, Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation (AEOI), said Iran would ”not suspend 20 percent [...]
via Lobe Log
Lobe Log publishes Hawks on Iran every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
Yet it’s worth considering that even cyber-warfare — like all kinds of warfare — can produce “collateral damage.” The term is a military euphemism, now widely accepted in the lay lexicon, [...]
- The U.N. at 70: A Time for Compliance
- Grenada Braces for Impacts of Climate Change
- Middle East Conflicts Trigger New U.S.-Russia Arms Race
- Peace Is Not a Boy’s Club
- Opinion: Arab Youth Have No Trust in Democracy
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Batters Cameroonians Seeking Secession
- Swelling Ethiopian Migration Casts Doubt on its Economic Miracle
- Kenyan Pastoralists Protest Wanton Destruction of Indigenous Forest
- Push to Privatise Education in Global South Challenged
- U.N. Committee Gets ‘Unhindered Access’ to Azerbaijan’s Detention Centres – But Is it Enough?