via Lobe Log
Iran seems to be maintaining its previous stance on uranium enrichment — a key issue for Western powers and Israel — ahead of proposed talks by the 6-power P5+1 negotiating group. On Tuesday, Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation (AEOI), said Iran would ”not suspend 20 percent [...]
via Lobe Log
Lobe Log publishes Hawks on Iran every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
Yet it’s worth considering that even cyber-warfare — like all kinds of warfare — can produce “collateral damage.” The term is a military euphemism, now widely accepted in the lay lexicon, [...]
- Changing Climate Threatens World’s Smallholder Farmers
- Water Bodies Central to Urban Flood Planning
- U.N. Urban Summit Gives Rise to a Mixture of Optimism and Criticism
- Reimagining South Asia in 2030
- Big Powers Set to Grab High Level UN Posts
- Q&A: Land Degradation Could Force 135 Million to Migrate in Next 30 Years
- Fighting Food Insecurity and Undernutrition in Urban Slums
- Is This Counter-terrorism in a Far Deadlier Garb?
- From City 50/50 to Planet 50/50 – How to Step it Up for Gender Equality and Sustainable Development
- We Can Eliminate Hunger and Poverty Quickly with Greater Commitment