by Emile Nakhleh
Much blame could go around regarding the current chaos in Iraq and the recent territorial gains of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Four contributing factors stand out:
The 2003 decision by the Bush administration to dissolve the Iraqi army and “debaathify” the country (ban the Baath [...]
CNN’s video game like introduction to Tuesday night’s Republican national security debate was more interesting than the actual event. It included footage of the Bush Administration’s rhetoric during the Iraq war and a clip of a Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speech, but the debate maintained a heavy focus on immigration especially with regard to Mexico.
The event [...]
- Can Agroecology Feed the World?
- GGGI and SEA to develop four mitigation activities generating ITMOs in energy, waste, and manufacturing
- Rising above the Hate Online – Indian Muslim Women Speak Out
- Budgeting for a Better Future, for Every Child
- COMMENTARY: The Sinatra Doctrine Confronts a Global Consensus
- Living with Drought: Lessons from Brazil’s Semiarid Region
- Capture of CO2 and Hydrogen as Part of Latin America’s Energy Future
- Child Protection: the Pandemic has Left the Most Vulnerable Children Invisible
- ‘The Sahel – a Microcosm of Cascading Global Risks Converging in One Region’
- Mahatma’s Non-Violence: Essence of Culture of Peace for New Humanity