via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- UN Trade and Development Conference a “Big Win” for Multilateralism
- The Race for the White House Is Heating Up
- President of UN General Assembly Continues Push for Openness, Transparency
- Up the Creek
- Feed the Children
- The Human Rights Council adopts the Declaration on the Right to Peace
- Colombia Includes Gender Focus for a Stable, Lasting Peace
- Chronic Hunger Lingers in the Midst of Plenty
- Urban Land – a Key Building Block to Full Rights
- UN Pension Fund Claims its Assets are Safe, Future Secure