via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- Can the SDGs be financed?
- France Hosts Major Exhibition on Jamaican Music
- The Challenge Ahead: Harnessing Gene Editing to Sustainable Agriculture
- Late to Walk
- How to Stir up a Refugee Crisis in Five Steps, Trump Style
- Sri Lanka’s Small Tea Farmers Turn Sustainable Land Managers
- Syrian Regime Survives on Russian Arms & UN Vetoes
- Costa Rican Town Fears That the Sea Will Steal Its Shiny New Face
- Caribbean Faces Forecast for Prolonged Drought
- UN to Investigate Violations Against Rohingya