via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- We Are Migrants: Teasing Italian taste buds
- Exhibition of Artifacts Stolen From Ethiopia Revives Controversy
- Authoritarian Govts Tighten Grip on Press Freedom
- Dreaming of A New Sustainable Economy
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 18,575 in 2018; Deaths Reach 559
- PM’s Call to the World Very Timely
- Child Soldiers Released, But Risk Remains
- FAO and El País Launch Series of Books on “The State of the Planet”
- Improving Our Anti-money Laundering Operations Will Help Prevent Great-Power War
- Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Democratic Multilateralism