via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- Rise of middle class undermined in East Europe & Central Asia
- The new normal in Fata
- UN Chief Focuses on World’s First Humanitarian Summit
- Eight Cooperation Accords Strengthen Ties between Colombia and UAE
- Kidneys going cheap in poor estate community
- CTBTO’s Verification System Thwarts Nuclear Tests
- Survivors Speak Out to End Genital Mutilation
- Violence is a preventable disease
- UN Seeks Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation
- Rural youth can be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs