via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- Mexico, a Democracy Where People Disappear at the Hands of the State
- Quest for solutions
- Thailand’s Sufficiency Economy Philosophy and the Sustainable Development Goals
- A storyline for 17 sustainable development goals
- Kenya Has Made Impressive Gains Under New Constitution, but the Hard Work is Just Beginning
- Chatterjee, new Resident Coordinator, to lead 25 UN agencies in East Africa
- Devastating Earthquake Demolishes Towns in Central Italy
- Tracing War Missing Still a Dangerous Quest in Sri Lanka
- The Lesser Sex
- Increased regional cooperation – Promising prospects in troubling times