via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- OP-ED: Schools Bring Hope in Devastated Philippines
- In Home Gardens, Income and Food for Urban Poor
- Reaching Quietly for the ‘Solidarity Basket’
- Number 6
- Politicians’ Delay Means Climate Catastrophe for Malawi’s Poor
- Developing Countries Still Waiting for a Global Response to Climate Change
- Changes Coming to South Africa’s Patent System
- WHO Celebrates Major Progress in Fighting Malaria
- South Africa’s Arms Industry Most Advanced in Global South
- In Minimum Wage Debate, A Battle Over Inequality and Job Loss