via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- The Peasant Farmer Who Stood Up to the President of Nicaragua
- Aid Arrives for Rohingya After Violence
- Huge Health Needs for World’s One Billion Migrants
- Antarctic Ice Lowest Ever – Asia at High Risk – Africa Drying Up
- Unrest Brings North-East Nigeria Next to Starvation
- Merkel Under Pressure for Refugee Policy in Germany
- Five Key G20 Powers Break Promise to Help Tackle Corruption
- Netherlands to Host Global Centre of Excellence on Climate Adaptation
- UN Declares War on Ocean Plastic
- Unleashing the Power of the Private Sector