via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- Let There Be Work: Italian Ministry of the Interior Announces Initiative on Employment of Refugees
- Post-Brexit blues
- Preventable Child Deaths Not Always Linked to Poorest Countries: UNICEF
- Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Sweden Among New Members of UN Security Council
- The Case for Cash in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Biogas Brings Heat and Light to Pakistan’s Rural Poor
- Why I Started SMART ALEC – Lobbying for the Public Good
- Drought Prompts Debate on Cuba’s Irrigation Problems
- Civil Society Under Serious Attack
- Journalists Face Unprecedented Violence