via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- UAE Leading the Way on Shifting to Greener Energy
- Local Farmers and Consumers Create Short Food Supply Chains in Mexican Cities
- Lawmakers in Europe Want the UN to Debate a Parliamentary Assembly. When Will Governments Follow?
- Early Death in Russia
- Farming Beyond Drought
- WHO Urges Govt’s to Raise Taxes on Tobacco
- Educating Children One Radio Wave at a Time
- In the New World Order, Asia Is Rising, Says Pakistan’s UN Envoy
- Seize the Opportunity to Make Dhaka a Great, Modern City
- East Africa’s Poor Rains: Hunger Worsened, Crops Scorched, Livestock Dead