via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- When the UN Comes Under Heavy Fire
- A Balance Sheet for May 28
- The Price of Non-Governmental Growth
- Latest Population Projection of 25 Million Poses Serious Challenges
- Menstrual Hygiene Gaps Continue to Keep Girls from School
- New International Accord to Tackle Illegal Fishing
- Malawi’s Drought Leaves Millions High and Dry
- Traditional Mexican Recipes Fight the Good Fight
- UNFPA Funding Cuts Threaten Women’s Health in Poorer Nations
- Mapping Kashmir