via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- Cuban Innovator Uses Sunlight to Create a Model Sustainable Space
- Women Advocates for Harvesting Rainwater in Salinity-Affected Coastal Bangladesh
- A World of One Billion Empty Plates
- Why Investing in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Pays Off
- Inequality in Peru’s Education Sector Deepens in Post-Pandemic Era
- The New Cold War Over Access To Safe Abortion in Kenya
- Civil Disobedience – How to Make Enemies and Influence People
- How to Make COP27 a Success
- The Swedish Elections: A Victory for Populism
- Pacific Community’s Agricultural Gene Bank Wins Global Award