via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via IPS News
This week’s decision by the Bahraini court of appeals to uphold the prison terms against Bahraini opposition activists is a travesty of justice and an indication that Bahraini repression continues unabated.
Bahraini officials, when confronted with angry world reaction to the court’s decision, cynically hid behind the claim they would [...]
- Digital Era Here to Stay in Argentina’s Classrooms
- Kenya’s Climate Change Bill Aims to Promote Low Carbon Growth
- Key Constituencies Call for Inclusion in Nepal’s Draft Constitution
- Opinion: Developing Nations Set to Challenge Rich Ahead of SDG Summit
- U.N. Leads Youth Battling Intolerance, Racism and Extremism
- Obama Walks Fine Line in Kenya on LGBTI Rights
- Multilingualism Opens Doors to the World
- UAE Cracks Down on Religious Extremism
- Faith Leaders Issue Global “Call to Conscience” on Climate
- New Plan Would Aggravate the Troubles of Chile’s Beleaguered Pensioners