One day Rukiya came home from school crying, sobbing that she didn’t want to go there again.
“What happened?” asked her mom.
“Abana bagaba kusomelo nti nina silimu ate ntinda bika bubbi nyo era ngenda kuffa esawa yona era negamba nze silina kuba kusomero nina kubawaka effe bulungi,” said Rukiya.
“The children say I have [...]
When Ugandan teenager Jackline Kemigisha was sexually abused at the age of 15 and infected with HIV, the health professional who diagnosed her disclosed her status to her family without Jackline’s consent. This was a result of a policy requiring parents’ consent before starting antiretroviral therapy for someone who is under 18.
Subsequently, Jackline’s father [...]
“COMMENTARY is America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life.”
Though I don’t subscribe to Commentary, I read its “Contentions” blog daily. “Opinion”? Definitely. “American intellectual life”? Keep dreaming.
I certainly don’t respect any intellectuals who can’t realize that journalism requires some basic disclosures. This is [...]
- Why Is Women’s Leadership Not in the Headlines?
- Making State-Owned Enterprises Work for Climate in China and Beyond
- The Future We Want, The UN We Need
- Trump Pitched his Vision of a Global Order — at Odds with the UN Charter
- Scientists Draw up Guidelines to Help Agri-food Companies Align with 2030 Agenda
- Bending the Curve on Biodiversity Loss Requires Nothing Less than Transformational Change
- Africa at the Crossroads: Time to Abandon Failing Green Revolution
- Anne Larigauderie UN Biodiversity Summit #ForNature Video
- Looking for Jobs in Latin America – Can the Energy Transition Help?
- Fighting India’s Bonded Labour During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Part 1