One day Rukiya came home from school crying, sobbing that she didn’t want to go there again.
“What happened?” asked her mom.
“Abana bagaba kusomelo nti nina silimu ate ntinda bika bubbi nyo era ngenda kuffa esawa yona era negamba nze silina kuba kusomero nina kubawaka effe bulungi,” said Rukiya.
“The children say I have [...]
When Ugandan teenager Jackline Kemigisha was sexually abused at the age of 15 and infected with HIV, the health professional who diagnosed her disclosed her status to her family without Jackline’s consent. This was a result of a policy requiring parents’ consent before starting antiretroviral therapy for someone who is under 18.
Subsequently, Jackline’s father [...]
“COMMENTARY is America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life.”
Though I don’t subscribe to Commentary, I read its “Contentions” blog daily. “Opinion”? Definitely. “American intellectual life”? Keep dreaming.
I certainly don’t respect any intellectuals who can’t realize that journalism requires some basic disclosures. This is [...]
- A Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework Aims at Reinforcing Efforts to Save World’s Ecosystem
- Zimbabwe’s Thin Line between Child Smuggling and Child Trafficking
- Generation Equality: Four Ways to Accelerate Progress
- Fiscal Policies For Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Mr. Ban Ki-moon begins second term in office as President and Chair of GGGI
- What Future for the Rohingyas after the ICJ Ruling?
- Popular Pakistani Singer Pushes for Corporal Punishment to be Made a Crime
- U.S. President’s Global Gag Rule is Having Negative Impact on the Health of Malawians: Report
- How Nigeria’s Police used Telecom Surveillance to Lure & Arrest Journalists
- As Planet Burns, One Million Species in World’s Eco-System in Danger of Extinction