by Daniel Luban
Earlier this year, William Saletan published a typically contrarian piece titled “In Defense of Drones”. The subtitle — “they’re the worst form of war, except for all the others” — gives a good indication of the general line of argument; Saletan suggested that the collateral damage of the [...]
via Lobe Log
The grandfather of the 16-year-old American-Yemeni boy who was killed by a CIA drone strike in Yemen last year is suing 4 US officials, including Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Former CIA Director David Petraeus, over his son and grandson’s deaths.
The father of the Colorado-born Abdulrahman al Awlaki’s was an al [...]
- Africa Should Be at the Forefront of a Global Response to COVID-19
- UN Warns of an Impending Famine With Millions in Danger of Starvation
- Autocracy on the Rise: Should we Expect Military Spending to Follow?
- Overcoming the Digital Gap and Food Insecurity: a Complementary Target
- Sustainable Measures Help Farmers Script a Positive Story Amid COVID-19 Uncertainty
- G20 Puts More into Fossil Than Green Energy in Covid-19 Recovery Packages
- Millions of New Poor Are on the Way – Who Cares?
- Can Africa’s Third Industrial Development Decade Deliver?
- Q&A: Mro Indigenous Community Plea for Halt of Construction of 5-Star Hotel
- Not all 74 million Trump Voters Can be Racists