by Daniel Luban
Earlier this year, William Saletan published a typically contrarian piece titled “In Defense of Drones”. The subtitle — “they’re the worst form of war, except for all the others” — gives a good indication of the general line of argument; Saletan suggested that the collateral damage of the [...]
via Lobe Log
The grandfather of the 16-year-old American-Yemeni boy who was killed by a CIA drone strike in Yemen last year is suing 4 US officials, including Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Former CIA Director David Petraeus, over his son and grandson’s deaths.
The father of the Colorado-born Abdulrahman al Awlaki’s was an al [...]
- CEOs at Big U.S. Companies Paid 331 Times Average Worker
- U.N. Visa Denials Appendage of U.S. Foreign Policy
- Court Upholds Most of U.S. “Conflict Minerals” Law
- Côte d’Ivoire’s Tech Solutions to Local Problems
- Uzbekistan’s Dying Aral Sea Resurrected as Tourist Attraction
- OP-ED: Egyptian-Saudi Coalition in Defence of Autocracy
- Is Puerto Rico Going the Way of Greece and Detroit?
- Conflict Fuels Child Labour in India
- Russians Blend Loyalty to Nazarbayev with Pro-Kremlin Sentiments
- Valparaíso Blaze Highlights the City’s Poverty