Speaking Truth From the Robotic Heavens
Enemies, innocent victims, and soldiers have always made up the three faces of war. With war growing more distant, with drones capable of performing on the battlefield while their “pilots” remain thousands of miles away, two of those faces have, however, faded into the background [...]
via Lobe Log
by James A. Russell
The confirmation hearings of John Brennan for director of the Central Intelligence Agency serve as the latest searing reminder of the intellectual rigamortis gripping the national security establishment and how brain dead we have become as a country in addressing strategy and strategic issues.
The sole focus [...]
- Addressing the Global Biodiversity Crisis Requires Understanding and Prioritizing the Many Values of Nature
- Mexico Makes Risky Bet on Liquefied Gas in New Global Scenario
- A Voice for African Wildlife: A Conversation with Kaddu Sebunya
- The Urgency to Ban All Wars
- Reimagining Ageing: Older Persons as Agents of Development
- International Criminal Court at 20: Renewing the Promise of Justice for the Gravest Crimes
- UN’s “No-Fly List” on Sexual Harassment Falls Short, Complains Rights Group
- Digital Training in Pakistani Villages Yields Bumper Participation
- Bangladesh Flood Victims Cry for Relief
- NATO Summit Set to Further Militarise Europe, Expand in Africa?