via Lobe Log
by Mitchell Plitnick
The Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution reads: “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, [...]
A viral video calling on world leaders to a “set the red line” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon has garnered over 1.3 million YouTube views thanks to a savvy social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s been promoted by conservative bloggers and Washington-based organizations like [...]
via Lobe Log
The current Israeli onslaught against Gaza contains many echoes of the assault four years ago. In one regard, however, it is clear that Israel learned some lessons from its experience with “Operation Cast Lead” and is applying it to “Operation Pillar of Defense.” Those lessons are reflected in Israel’s use of [...]
- Ensuring Biodiversity Now will Prevent Pandemics Later
- No Woman Should Ever Die Giving Life
- Innovation Is an Imperative – for Sustainable Food Systems
- Women are Often an After-Thought in a Humanitarian Crisis
- Politics, Profits Undermine Public Interest in Covid-19 Vaccine Race
- Kenya’s Adolescent Women Left Behind As More Married Women Access Contraception
- Education Post-COVID-19: Customised Blended Learning is Urgently Needed
- ‘Declare remittance as an essential financial service’
- Are the SDGs in Reverse Gear?
- How is the COVID-19 impacting climate action?