via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
via Lobe Log
By Mark Jansson
Although President Obama has another four years, he will surely continue to hear from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu and a chorus of critics at home, that he has far less time to convince Iran to cooperate with the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA). But the administration [...]
- Bamboo – An Answer to Deforestation or Not in Africa?
- Tobacco Workers in Cuba Dubious About Opening of U.S. Market
- June Election Offers Asia-Pacific a Chance for Greater Influence in ICC
- Opinion: Goals for Gender Equality Are Not a ‘Wish List’ – They Are a ‘To Do List’
- Reporting on Violence in Mexico Brings Its Own Perils
- Rousseff’s Brazil – No Country for the Landless
- From the Police Station Back to the Hellhole: System Failing India’s Domestic Violence Survivors
- Opinion: The Middle East and Perpetual War
- Opinion: Europe Under Merkel’s (Informal) Leadership
- Gazan Fishermen Dying to Survive