History, Farce, and David Petraeus
History, it is said, arrives first as tragedy, then as farce. First as Karl Marx, then as the Marx Brothers. In the case of twenty-first century America, history arrived first as George W. Bush (and Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld and [...]
- The Idiocy of Things Requires an “Information Habeas Corpus”!
- Can Poor Countries Combat Big Tobacco Too?
- African Leaders Make an Economic Case for Increased Nutrition Investments
- The Korean Peninsula Conflict: A Way Out
- Illiberal Democracy Rising
- A Jarring Anomaly of Society
- Achieving Universal Access to Energy; Africa Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- When the UN Comes Under Heavy Fire
- A Balance Sheet for May 28
- The Price of Non-Governmental Growth