via Lobe Log
In what is sure to be one of the most glaringly obvious headlines written about the General Petraeus-Paula Broadwell affair, the Washington Post writes: “Petraeus hoped affair would stay secret and he could keep his job as CIA director.”
Clearly, things did not go according to plan. Right after the [...]
By Gary Sick
First posted at Gary’s Choices
At the link is the text of an affidavit accusing Iran of organizing a hit on the Saudi Ambassador in Washington. I find this very hard to believe. In fact, this plot, if true, departs from all known Iranian policies and procedures.
Update: I was interviewed on FAIR’s Counterspin radio show about this on October 13. I come in around the 15 minute mark.
Earlier today the FBI issued a press release stating that two Iranian men have been criminally charged in a New York court for allegedly plotting to assassinate [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
Reports that FBI counterterrorism training programs relied heavily on Islamophobic material has sent shockwaves through the FBI and the Department of Justice. Wired’s Spencer Ackerman has closely followed the influence of FBI trainer William Gawthrop’s presentation, “The Sources and Patterns of Terrorism in [...]
Posted by arrangement with Think Progress
Spencer Ackerman’s reports on Islamophobic training sessions at the Federal Bureau of Investigation have sent the Bureau into damage control mode. On Thursday, the FBI held a conference call with Muslim civil rights groups to apologize for the offensive training materials, which Ackerman has [...]
In 1994, the U.S. Department of State produced a comprehensive report exposing the Mujahideen-e-khalq (MEK) for what it is — an exiled Iranian fringe group with a record of terrorism, violence, political opportunism and the abuse of its own members.
…our mutual distaste for the behavior of the regime in Tehran [...]
- OECD Urges Further Reforms for an Inclusive South Africa
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?
- U.S.-Made Cluster Munitions Causing Civilian Deaths in Yemen
- Opinion: A Farewell to Arms that Fuel Atrocities is Within Our Grasp
- OPEC Fund Supports UNIDO in Latin America
- Emerging Industrial Power Rises From Aid Beneficiary to Donor Nation
- Water, Climate, Energy Intertwined with Fight Against Poverty in Central America
- Call for Global Ban on Nuclear Weapons Testing
- Opinion: How Will Wall Street Greet the Pope?