via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
From the looks of it, the second round of talks with Iran in Almaty, Kazakhstan was a complete failure, with both sides unable to even find a common language to begin a process of give and take. The sense I get is that the US side is rather [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
By Djavad Salehi-Isfahani
I have been less than a week in the medium-sized city of Neishabour, Iran, visiting relatives, and I can see no sign of a country hunkering for intensifying sanctions and looming difficult times. Sidewalks are full of shoppers and people seem to go [...]
- Did Argentina’s Elections Mark Start of Shift to the Right in South America?
- Africa’s Climate Change Funding May Hit 100 Billion by Mid-Century
- Not Yet Curtains for BRICs
- Hunger Heralds Climate Change’s Arrival in Botswana
- Gay Rights Activists Hope for The Pope’s Blessings in Uganda
- Searching for Nutrition in South Africa’s Food Maze
- Analysis: Are Young People the Answer to Africa’s Food Security?
- Sinking into Paradise: Climate Change Worsening Coastal Erosion in Trinidad
- Cubans Seeking the American Dream, Stranded in Costa Rica
- End Media Sexism by 2020, Urges New Study