via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
From the looks of it, the second round of talks with Iran in Almaty, Kazakhstan was a complete failure, with both sides unable to even find a common language to begin a process of give and take. The sense I get is that the US side is rather [...]
via IPS News
The world economy would bear substantial costs if the United States took steps to significantly escalate the conflict with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, according to the findings of a Federation of American Scientists’ (FAS) special report released here Friday.
Based on consulations with a group of nine bipartisan [...]
By Djavad Salehi-Isfahani
I have been less than a week in the medium-sized city of Neishabour, Iran, visiting relatives, and I can see no sign of a country hunkering for intensifying sanctions and looming difficult times. Sidewalks are full of shoppers and people seem to go [...]
- European Residents Offer Support, Homes to Refugees
- Europe Invaded Mostly by “Regime Change” Refugees
- Italy Joins Internet Rights ‘Club’
- Opinion: Can Nuclear War be Avoided?
- Sustainable Settlements to Combat Urban Slums in Africa
- Two Indigenous Solar Engineers Changed Their Village in Chile
- Killing of Aid Workers Threatens Humanitarian Response in Yemen
- Opinion: Women in the Face of Climate Change
- Who Will Pay the Price for Australia’s Climate Change Policies?
- Urban Farming Mushrooms in Africa Amid Food Deficits