via Lobe Log
Iran seems to be maintaining its previous stance on uranium enrichment — a key issue for Western powers and Israel — ahead of proposed talks by the 6-power P5+1 negotiating group. On Tuesday, Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation (AEOI), said Iran would ”not suspend 20 percent [...]
via Lobe Log
News and views relevant to US mideast foreign policy for Sept. 20
“Iranian policymakers should understand that failing to limit the enrichment program will eventually trigger war”: The Security Times carries a commentary by Mark Fitzpatrick of the International Institute for Strategic Studies, an influential British think tank. Outlining the continuing [...]
Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, has reiterated statements made by Mohammad Javad Larijani in March regarding key concessions Iran is prepared to make in return for cooperation from the West, such as a serious reduction in its nuclear enrichment. Reports ABC News:
Fereidoon Abbasi, head of the [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for Sept. 19
Wall Street Journal: Iran is called “aggressively defensive” by an unnamed U.S. official in an article about how a “direct military hot line” is being considered to prevent “miscalculations” after an escalation in “near-miss” military encounters between the U.S. and the Islamic Republic in [...]
- Environmental Funding Bypasses Indigenous Communities
- Will Governments Keep Their Promises on the Human Right to Water?
- Surprisingly Equal, Surprisingly Unequal
- U.N. Urged to Reaffirm Reproductive Rights in Post-2015 Agenda
- OPINION: Step Up Efforts Against Hunger
- Geographical Divide in Maternal Health for Syrian Refugees
- Rare Zambian Tree Faces Exploitation Because of Legal Loophole
- New Fund to Build on “Unprecedented Convergence” Around Land Rights
- Is Newly-Renovated U.N. Readying For Balkanisation of World?
- Can ‘Womenomics’ Stem the Feminisation of Poverty in Japan?