via Lobe Log
The US and EU are touting Iran’s currency woes as proof that sanctions are working, though it’s not clear to what end. The Wall Street Journal reports that the Western powers “are working on new coordinated measures intended to accelerate the recent plunge of Iran’s currency and drain its foreign-exchange reserves”:
The first [...]
Iran’s economy is not on the verge of collapse
via Lobe Log
The sharp drop in the value of the rial in the last two weeks has created much excitement in Iran and abroad, but mostly for the wrong reasons. In the parallel (or free) market for foreign currencies, the [...]
- The Economic & Humanitarian Catastrophe Threatening Pacific Island Communities
- The Changing Distribution of World Population
- Gains and Losses of Irregular Migration
- Forced to Flee. Displaced with a Dream. Time for Action.
- African Politicians Asked to Develop Legal Instruments to Fight Climate Change
- India’s Electric Mobility Needs Enabling Infrastructure to Pick up Speed
- The Adaptive Age: No Institution or Individual can Stand on the Sidelines in the Fight Against Climate Change
- Nature-Based Climate Solutions Opportunity for Latin America
- Travel Tourism Must Transform to Survive, Thrive
- Fostering Jobs, Entrepreneurship, and Capacity Development for African Youth: The Time for Disruption Is Now!