You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
- Opinion: BRICS for Building a New World Order?
- Perfecting Detection of the Bomb
- Toilets with Piped Music for Rich, Open Defecation on Rail Tracks for Poor
- Cuba: Blazing a Trail in the Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- China Hailed as Leader for New Climate Plan
- Foreign Investment Fell Worldwide in 2014, U.N. Says
- Bangladeshi Migrants Risk High Seas and Smugglers to Escape Poverty
- U.N. Chief Seeks Equity in Paris Climate Change Pact
- Black Women in the Americas Launch Decade of Struggle
- U.S. Urged to Ramp up Aid for Agent Orange Clean-Up Efforts in Vietnam