via Lobe Log
Gary Sick, who served as an Iran specialist on the National Security Council staffs of Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan, speaks to Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose about an article that he wrote for the magazine in 1987, which still holds up today.
Also don’t miss Dr. [...]
- Persecution of Uganda’s Gays Intensifies as Rights Groups Go Underground
- Japan Seeks Foreign Workers, Uneasily
- Culture Increasingly Unaffordable for Cubans
- Bringing the Bridges Home
- U.S.-Russia Sabre Rattling May Undermine Nuke Meeting
- U.S. Urged to Tackle Lead in Aviation Gasoline
- Charting a Course for Survival, or Oblivion?
- Nigeria – From Sticks and Machetes to Rocket-propelled Grenades
- Weak Laws and Capitalist Economy Deplete Kenya’s Natural Wealth
- Cuba’s Burgeoning Private Sector Hungry for Flora and Fauna