You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
Is Global Warming an Election Issue After All?
Reposted by arrangement with Tom Dispatch
Conventional wisdom has it that the next election will be fought exclusively on the topic of jobs. But President Obama’s announcement last week that he would postpone a decision on the [...]
- Forestry Programmes Bogged Down in Latin America
- African Union Must Do More for Peace
- OAS Chief Calls for “Long-Awaited” Debate on Drug Policy
- OP-ED: Making Every African Child Count
- Q&A: “From Slaves to Generals and Rulers”
- Q&A: “I Feel Indigenous No Matter Where I Am and Where I’m Going”
- Heroin Dulls Hardships for Afghan Women
- Health Care for Immigrants Crumbling in Spain
- Multimedia Project Tackles LGBT Rights in Palestine
- Africa Leads Fight Against HIV