by Jim Lobe
While this blog is devoted to U.S. policy toward the Middle East, it should come as no surprise to regular readers that I regard climate change as likely to be the greatest challenge faced by the United States and the world over for the coming century and beyond.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
Is Global Warming an Election Issue After All?
Reposted by arrangement with Tom Dispatch
Conventional wisdom has it that the next election will be fought exclusively on the topic of jobs. But President Obama’s announcement last week that he would postpone a decision on the [...]
- For Women in Asia, ‘Home’ Is a Battleground
- U.N. Member States Accused of Cherry-Picking Human Rights
- Namibian President Wins $5 Million African Leadership Prize
- Everyone Benefits from More Women in Power
- Syrian Conflict Has Underlying Links to Climate Change, Says Study
- Environmental Damage to Gaza Exacerbating Food Insecurity
- Farm Projects Boost Bangladeshi Women, Children
- Opinion: War on Wildlife Crime – Time to Enlist the Ordinary Citizen
- Opinion: Manipulate and Mislead – How GMOs are Infiltrating Africa
- Bamboo – An Answer to Deforestation or Not in Africa?