by Jim Lobe
While this blog is devoted to U.S. policy toward the Middle East, it should come as no surprise to regular readers that I regard climate change as likely to be the greatest challenge faced by the United States and the world over for the coming century and beyond.
You would never know I am an urgent, existential issue threatening human civilisation at the U.N. climate summit here in the final week in Doha. It is more like a trade negotiation, where hard-fought agreement to change the word “shall” to “may” in a document is considered progress.
Victory here is to change a word, [...]
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
Is Global Warming an Election Issue After All?
Reposted by arrangement with Tom Dispatch
Conventional wisdom has it that the next election will be fought exclusively on the topic of jobs. But President Obama’s announcement last week that he would postpone a decision on the [...]
- 2017 World Water Week: ‘Water and Waste: Reduce and Reuse’
- Jordan Abolishes Law Allowing Rapists to Avoid Prosecution
- Quantitative Easing for Wealth Redistribution
- Buffalo Revive Local Economy in Remote Bay of Bengal Islands
- Who is Latin America and the Caribbean leaving behind?
- Internet Shutdowns in Africa Stifling Press Freedom
- Union Conflict Rages on in South Africa
- I Will Never Forget Her Face
- Climate Migrants Might Reach One Billion by 2050
- South Asia Faces Fury of Floods